very very stupid question ...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
... is the sound from the speakers in a hi-fi supposed to be identical or is it supposed to be a bit diffrent from right to left speaker or even verry different ?

A

Anonymous

It depends on the arrangement and production of the individual track you are listening to. Its stereo, so quite often what is heard from one speaker is different from another.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]If the sound from both speakers was identical, you would be listening in mono.[/quote]

I think sex is too young to heard about mono unlike some of us eh?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]If the sound from both speakers was identical, you would be listening in mono.[/quote]

I think sex is too young to heard about mono unlike some of us eh?[/quote]

OK well it's the difference in sound between the two speakers that creates the impression of a stereo (ie solid) image between and around the speakers.

A

Anonymous

When I turn my receiver down, the left speaker goes silent before the right one. Weird, eh?

A

Anonymous

Yup my old Arcam Alpha 2 used to do that. I asked them years ago and they said don't worry about it, there's some natural variation in balance on the older analogue volume controls that you can't get rid of at very low volumes. I bet you can if you pay Musical Fidelity money!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Will Harris"]Yup my old Arcam Alpha 2 used to do that. I asked them years ago and they said don't worry about it, there's some natural variation in balance on the older analogue volume controls that you can't get rid of at very low volumes. I bet you can if you pay Musical Fidelity money![/quote]

Simply replacing the control fixed the problem on my ancient Sansui.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
the point of having 2 speakers rather than 1 is to make it posible to re create the sound stage of the origional recording (stereo imaging) good stereo imaging creates a sound than seems to extend the room.

A

Anonymous

Years ago, and in a room and a house and a world very different from the present, all the surface noise from my Sondek used to come from the bottom of some shelves 2 feet to the right of, and just behind, the right-most speaker. Very strange.

A

Anonymous

ok good but then if i swap balance completly from right to left i think the sound is much brighter and with more treble on the left and verylow down and with much more bass on the right but thats just at low volume when i turn up the volume it all appears to go back to normal ( by normal i mean it sounds rightn again )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts