Valve Power.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings. ;-)

My speakers although sensitive, need a lot of grunt. Would a Pathos Logos drive them well ?

Speakers are KEF Reference 2.2's (91)db with two internal bass drivers.

Is it a true Valve sound ?

Cheers

R.

A

Anonymous

Well.... one of the reasons valve power gives more bounce for the ounce is that they don't clip. Without clipping you can crank the volume knob all the way with a reasonable degree of certainty it won't blow the speakers, worst case is you implode a tube and the fuse pops. 60quid later you're back up ad running.

I'll say this, my 50watts per channel of valve don't seem all that much more powerful than 50watts of Nait, but they deffo go much louder before distortion sets in.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Surfer"]Would a Pathos Logos drive them well ?[/quote]

Yes....and I bet they sound very good together. What is the source?

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="raypalmer"]Well.... one of the reasons valve power gives more bounce for the ounce is that they don't clip. Without clipping you can crank the volume knob all the way with a reasonable degree of certainty it won't blow the speakers, worst case is you implode a tube and the fuse pops. 60quid later you're back up ad running.

I'll say this, my 50watts per channel of valve don't seem all that much more powerful than 50watts of Nait, but they deffo go much louder before distortion sets in.[/quote]

It strange but it "seems" like valves always sound louder for a given wattage.I wonder if its related to the difference between a current driven device and one that is voltage?

A

Anonymous

Source is an Inca Katana se and or a Gyro/QC

cheers for the replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts