• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

valve kit anyone ?

plus 1

Dec 5, 2019
does anybody use valve based components ?

for example a valve integrated amplifier or maybe a matching valve cd player to go with it too ?

i understand valve based equipment has a select group of fans, much like vinyl followers, as this equipment has a distinct sound character.

what could be expected from a valve based cd player and integrated amplifier system ?

TrevC

Jun 12, 2013
does anybody use valve based components ?

for example a valve integrated amplifier or maybe a matching valve cd player to go with it too ?

i understand valve based equipment has a select group of fans, much like vinyl followers, as this equipment has a distinct sound character.

what could be expected from a valve based cd player and integrated amplifier system ?
I used to back in the old days. EL84 /ECC83 amplifier, home brew 6L6 / 6SN7 amplifier. Then I bought some Sinclair Z12 modules that blew them away. I used to have a collection of 78s until my mum gave them to the scout jumble sale. Valves don't belong in a CD player, they will only make it worse.
Stick to solid state.

plus 1

Dec 5, 2019
I used to back in the old days. EL84 /ECC83 amplifier, home brew 6L6 / 6SN7 amplifier. Then I bought some Sinclair Z12 modules that blew them away. I used to have a collection of 78s until my mum gave them to the scout jumble sale. Valves don't belong in a CD player, they will only make it worse.
Stick to solid state.
how did the valve kit sound ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts