Valve headphone amps..

Stevie9

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I've a thread running in the headphone section but I may get more hits here.
Can anyone one recommend a good valve/tube headphone amp for around £400? I'm aware of the Shiit Valhalla 1. Are there any out there I'm missing?
Thanks.
Stevie.

Stevie9 said:
Hi, I've a thread running in the headphone section but I may get more hits here. Can anyone one recommend a good valve/tube headphone amp for around £400? I'm aware of the Shiit Valhalla 1. Are there any out there I'm missing? Thanks. Stevie.

Just curious as to why you would want a valve amp for that sort of budget. Not being snobbish but I don't think you are going to find many good ones without spending a lot more and if that is your top budget then you'll find much better solid-state ones around.

Having said that there is the Taga Harmony THDA-500T for around £200 but cannot vouch for its' quality as have never heard it.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Stevie9 said:
Hi, I've a thread running in the headphone section but I may get more hits here. Can anyone one recommend a good valve/tube headphone amp for around £400? I'm aware of the Shiit Valhalla 1. Are there any out there I'm missing? Thanks. Stevie.

You could look at the offerings from Little Dot from China & Woo Audio in the states although the latter may come in a little over your budget.

eggontoast said:
Stevie9 said:

You could look at the offerings from Little Dot from China & Woo Audio in the states although the latter may come in a little over your budget.

I was thinking along those lines but with the Chinese amps you may have a problem with warranty and the Woo Audio WA3 is over budget and you've still got the shipping costs on top. The Taga Harmony is at least available through kronosav.com

Stevie9

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
Stevie9 said:

Just curious as to why you would want a valve amp for that sort of budget. Not being snobbish but I don't think you are going to find many good ones without spending a lot more and if that is your top budget then you'll find much better solid-state ones around.

Having said that there is the Taga Harmony THDA-500T for around £200 but cannot vouch for its' quality as have never heard it.

No problem Mr Ears..I am open solid-state options..

Stevie9 said:
Al ears said:
Stevie9 said:

No problem Mr Ears..I am open solid-state options..

In that case allow me to suggest the Creek OBH21 Mk.2, you will be hard pushed to find a better amp for the money, they really are a bargain ;-)

Yours for around £325.

NOTE:- second-hand examples of the Mk.1 version, that is almost as good, turn up on eBay regularly, a much cheaper option. You may even find a few new examples going at a heavily discounted price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts