Using a Dutch TV in the UK

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I bought a Samsung TV in the Netherlands last year, and it has a digital tuner in it. Will I be able to get Freeview with it, or will I need a special box? They sell the same TV in the UK, but I wonder whether the Firmware may be different. If so, could I put the UK firmware on it?

Thanks in advance.

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

I thought I'd let you all know the result of this. The Dutch TV found all freeview channels and displayed info in the guide, but showed channels in alphabetical order. Clearly lacking some local knowledge. However, after switching the country setting to UK it got it right. As far as I can see, freeview looks exactly like it should, incl. guide.

Alas, I just realised that the TV (32C530) does not have freeview HD, so that means I'll need a freeview or freesat box anyway. There's a dish on my roof, so I must decide what to do!

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

This is probably of minority interest, but for those of you who have bought TV/BD equipment in another country, you may wish to know this.

I have a Samsung BD player, the BD-C5500, also bought in the Netherlands. On my return to the UK, I tried to make it behave like a UK-bought model, so as to use the BBC iPlayer on it. It updated its firmware but continued to present me with Dutch apps, until I did a factory reset. Then it updated the app store and showed the UK apps, incl. the iPlayer and Lovefilm.com. Hurray!!

Hedgehog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts