using 4 speakers

omar

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi All

I've currently have the following setup:

PC connected to a basic cambridge A5 amp. Use it to play music and for PC sound output inc. video. Amp connected to 2 JPW203 floorstanders.

So, I have a pair of spare Mission floor standers which I would like make use of by adding them to the JPWs. What I am trying to achieve is (and fully aware this may be naive/impractical) - 1. for audio music, be able to pump the tunes out of all 4 speakers at the same time and go much louder than with current 2 speakers. 2. Potentially use the 4 speakers as a makeshift home cinema setup.

Welcome any ideas and advice on how I can (if) achieve this, ideally without spending a lot more money. (I would consider buying a home cinema receiver and connecting the speakers into that instead but am concerned that I wont get same sound quality I get from my basic A5 amp).

Cheers

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Omar,

Take a look at this:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/four-speakers-stereo-amp

The top and bottom of wiring this way, is that you an amp with a fair degree of power and control. You may find its not as good as you might expect.

omar

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
actually i dont mind getting rid of the amp but having read various forums got the impression that hc receivers arent v good at music? (compared to a dedicated amp).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts