Upgrading my LP12

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Hello.

I'm thinking about tweaking my LP12, but on a very small budget.

My LP12 has an Ittock arm with a Lyra Argo i cartridge. The cartridge is just over a year old and sounds great, so I'm not looking to change that.

I've been watching a couple of Ekos's on ebay and am interested, but of course you need to be careful when buying second hand.

A trampoline might be a consideration too.

One of the main things however is an upgrade of my Lingo. Mine is probabaly 12 - 14 years old.

I've never really fancied the Pink Linnk, but I am interested in the new Hercules.

What limited reports there are suggest it is a great piece of kit at a good price.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice.

Thanks.

Paul.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello paul,i too have an lp12 with ittok arm and a grado black.you should have a look on the vinyl engine site,they have a dedicated linn forum with a wealth of info on all things linn.pink fish media is another good site and one of the members has just posted a topic regarding his ittok arm,very interesting.when i have a bit more money,i shall invest in a new cartridge but as yet i'm not sure which route to go.i will invest in the hercules when my valhalla gives up,until then it stays.i would keep the ittok as i think it is one great arm and some consider it better than an early ekos.good luck,gregory.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Gregory,

Thanks a lot. That is really useful.

I'll check out the sites you mention.

Your comments on the Ittock being better than the Ekos are interesting, so I'll certainly bear that in mind as I certainly won't be buying new!!!

Thanks again.

Paul.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts