Upgrade: The best weekend

• Thread starter Deleted member 160668
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 160668

As some of you will know, I've fairly recently done a huge listening exercise and listened to loads of speakers on the end of my Sugden amp. I'd set myself a £4k max limit for an end-game, for me, speaker upgrade. I'd saw some speakers just before Christmas, second hand, but near this limit, but I dawdled and they got bought. However, unexpectedly I saw them come up for sale again! So I jumped and I took a half day off work on Friday and completed a 7 hour round trip to buy them.

My weekend has therefore been filled with music... It's now impossible to not get drawn into the music. Each song has layers of complexity, beautifully painted by my Sugden and delivered with eloquence and finesse by these speakers. I'm only a couple of days in, but so far my thoughts are that these are phenomenal!! Possibly the best speakers I've ever heard!! That's some statement I know. And bloody hell - I own them! Wow, oh wow, oh wow! I am beyond pleased currently 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

For the first time in my living room, I played a song and literally felt the shiver in my body as all my hairs went up on end. These do it like nothing before them. Music-music-music. No kit. Just grin and toe-tap, or get up and dance.

I don't listen to music very loud, but these portray a total wall of music at me even at my typical volumes. Largely down to the 8" cones I think. They are just amazing so far.

I work from home so am home most of the time so music is on almost constantly. These will be getting played a lot!

The speakers are Art Alnico 8 Signature. Review below.

Last edited by a moderator:
As some of you will know, I've fairly recently done a huge listening exercise and listened to loads of speakers on the end of my Sugden amp. I'd set myself a £4k max limit for an end-game, for me, speaker upgrade. I'd saw some speakers just before Christmas, second hand, but near this limit, but I dawdled and they got bought. However, unexpectedly I saw them come up for sale again! So I jumped and I took a half day off work on Friday and completed a 7 hour round trip to buy them.

My weekend has therefore been filled with music... It's now impossible to not get drawn into the music. Each song has layers of complexity, beautifully painted by my Sugden and delivered with eloquence and finesse by these speakers. I'm only a couple of days in, but so far my thoughts are that these are phenomenal!! Possibly the best speakers I've ever heard!! That's some statement I know. And bloody hell - I own them! Wow, oh wow, oh wow! I am beyond pleased currently 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

For the first time in my living room, I played a song and literally felt the shiver in my body as all my hairs went up on end. These do it like nothing before them. Music-music-music. No kit. Just grin and toe-tap, or get up and dance.

I don't listen to music very loud, but these portray a total wall of music at me even at my typical volumes. Largely down to the 8" cones I think. They are just amazing so far.

I work from home so am home most of the time so music is on almost constantly. These will be getting played a lot!

Haven't you got Harbeth M30s?

Yes. They are now for sale*

*Shamless plug in case anyone wants the mintiest pair you'll find anywhere. See eBay or the Wam classifieds.
Crikey. I'm struggling to keep up with your current kit. Spending more and more on speakers, regardless of how good your Suggy is, will hit its sonic limit. You will know this anyway.

I always have realistic expectations on each component. It's all about finding that sonic niche....

Reactions: WayneKerr

Basso

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site

Really great to someone so happy with their kit. I hope you continue to enjoy them for many years to com.

D

Deleted member 160668

Having heard the C7XD's several times on my Sugden I will agree they are excellent speakers. These were my favourites of the dealer speakers I listened to.

But at twice the price I am selling mine for, they are not twice as good.

Better, yes. But there's really not all that much in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts