Upgrade Options for Home Cinima

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am having problems with my current AV reciever, and thinking of taking the opourtunity to overhaul my system. Currently have Sony Reciever, STRDB940 and Pioner DVD 717.

Have KEF Cresta Speakers

I am told will be no need to upgrade speakers, can anyone advise as to the best AV reciever and Blu Ray products to buy, looking in the region of around 800.00 to 900.00 to invest. Probarbly an equal split in Movies and CD listeneing.

Greatfull for any advise.

Daddy Cool

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
For an AV receiver with reasonable CD performance (and great movie performance), I'd look at the Sony STR-DA3400ES or the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE. For Blu-Ray, probably either the Sony BDP-S350 or the Panasonic DMP-BD35 (if you can still find one since they've now been discontinued). Panasonic are on the verge of releasing their new BD players though so it might be worth holding out to see how they perform.

Alternatively, you could get a cheaper AV amp which has front pre-outs (like the Sony STR-DA2400ES or Yamaha DSP-AX763) and attach a budget £250 - £300 integrated stereo amp which matches your CD player and speakers for music. The downside on this is you've got to fit an extra box into your system, but the plus side is, it's possible you'll get a better sound from your CD player. Only careful auditioning will tell
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts