Advice on options for improved sound

Delboy999

May 23, 2021
Visit site
First post :cool:

I have had my set for nearly four years now and still love it. I bought a Pioneer SC-LX 501 and Monitor Audio Mass Speaker system. To which I added two C280 Monitor audio ceiling speakers a couple of weeks ago.

Really impressed with the Atmos speakers and wish I had done this straight away.

This has left me hungry for more. What you advise as potential next steps. Like many of us I am budget conscious so ideally under a £1000.

Thanks in advance, I'm off looking for more movies 🎬 to watch 😎

Tinman1952

First post :cool:

I have had my set for nearly four years now and still love it. I bought a Pioneer SC-LX 501 and Monitor Audio Mass Speaker system. To which I added two C280 Monitor audio ceiling speakers a couple of weeks ago.

Really impressed with the Atmos speakers and wish I had done this straight away.

This has left me hungry for more. What you advise as potential next steps. Like many of us I am budget conscious so ideally under a £1000.

Thanks in advance, I'm off looking for more movies 🎬 to watch 😎
And down the rabbit hole we go…😁
I think you would have to spend quite a bit to upgrade your very good sounding system.
Your C280 ceiling speakers are fine for the Atmos height channel. So logically that would mean replacing the MASS system with a Monitor Audio 5.1 system of standmounts/floor standers, centre and rear surrounds…and sub…..not cheap.😕

Reactions: Delboy999

Delboy999

May 23, 2021
Visit site
I love the look and sound of Monitor Audio so would be happy to upgrade to better set of speakers.

Do you have any recommendations before I chase after the Rabbit 🐇 with the pocket watch and open the 🔑 door to an improved cinematic experience.

Reactions: Tinman1952

bigdigger

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Why don't you keep the speakers and improve the sub with and SVS SB1000 pro or SB2000 pro? Having a Sub that reaches down to 20hz would be a massive upgrade. The sub can then pair with any future speaker upgrades.

Delboy999

May 23, 2021
Visit site
I’ve seen a few Monitor Audio RSW12 subs for sale, are there issues with this sub?

I have also seen a new Monitor Audio Bronze W10 Sub for sale on eBay for £440 which would be a perfect spend.

What would you advise in terms of sub choice😎

Tinman1952

I’ve seen a few Monitor Audio RSW12 subs for sale, are there issues with this sub?

I have also seen a new Monitor Audio Bronze W10 Sub for sale on eBay for £440 which would be a perfect spend.

What would you advise in terms of sub choice😎
Just remember whilst a good sub is important…it only really handles the LFE channel (low frequency effects) in Home Theatre. 70 to 80% of the audio comes from the centre channel…..including all dialogue and most of the sounds ‘on screen’.
The front channels handle music and special effects
So it depends where you want to hear an ‘upgrade’….👍

Delboy999

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, as always a lot to consider. I like the compact design of the Mass Audio system and it looks great (IMO).

After a search on the net the Radius 270appears to have floor standers that would fit into my room or the Radius 90 HT12 looks great. Both are double my current available budget so it may be a while before the desire for more is satisfied.

The plus point is I am learning lots from you and have a better idea of what route to take in order to improve my current system.

Thanks For all your advise. 😎🎶

Tinman1952

You’re very welcome.🙂 Personally I would keep two MASS speakers for the rear surround channels. They will be absolutely fine for that as not much comes out of those channels really plus they are discreet and can be wall mounted. Then get perhaps a Bronze W10 subwoofer, a Bronze C150 centre speaker and two Bronze 2 standmounts for the front left and right channels. You don’t really need floorstanders as the sub will handle everything below 80Hz anyway. Total cost around £1100
Just a thought…good luck 👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts