Upgrade for sonic link whisper interconnect

jonnyavery

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi all! first post on here or any hifi forum so please be gentle (but I do appreciate constructive feedback)

I have finally managed to get to the back of my cd player to see what interconnects I'm using and they are sonic link whisper!

I'm wondering if an upgrade may be worthy?

system:-

arcam cd72 - soniclink whisper - arcam AVR200 - chord chamelion silver plus - arcam fmj p25 - chord carnival(not bi) - MA GR10's

what would you do? re. interconnects?

cheers

A

Anonymous

I believe that the interconnect you speak of changed its name to black rhodium rhythm.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
leenorris78:I believe that the interconnect you speak of changed its name to black rhodium rhythm.

and you would be right
emotion-1.gif

I do believe it was around 12 years ago when the change was made.

A

Anonymous

may i be so bold as to suggest you look at changing your amp first? i am a big fan of arcam products however, any AV amp is a compromise and unless you use the amp for both multi-channel and stereo applications then i would suggest you look into a dedicated stereo amp. just my 2 cents

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:may i be so bold as to suggest you look at changing your amp first? i am a big fan of arcam products however, any AV amp is a compromise and unless you use the amp for both multi-channel and stereo applications then i would suggest you look into a dedicated stereo amp. just my 2 cents

I agree but as he has an Arcam processor, it's clear that he is using it for multi channel useage. I would get a reasonable stereo amp and link the two. I don't think interconnects are going to make much difference.

I take that back - the P25 is a power amp not a processor. Yes, change your receiver for a decent stereo amp.

jonnyavery

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I appreciate my need for a dedicated stereo amp but for the moment my system is based on compromise between AV and stereo.

I have recently aquired a turntable and bought a phono stage and just wondered if it matters which input on my arcam AVR200 I connect it to? At the moment its just in one of the AUX inputs VCR I think but sound comes out whichever source I choose! is this right???? Sounds amazing though!

Any other comments welcomed! cheers!

Sony PS T22 turntable, Pro-ject phono box SE, Arcam CD72, AVR200, FMJP25, Monitor audio GR10s(front), radius 225(centre), B&W 601(rear) chord carnival, chord chamelion

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts