pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
wish to thank the guy on ebay who messed me around so much with my prospective monitor audio rs1's that i gave up. i got them ( or didnt as the case maybe!! ) so cheap i blew the rest on cable and cd's. so was left well short for a replacement.

went to audio t to today and got a home demo on wharfedale 10.1's ......................... UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had to ring them back and check they were really only £199!!!!! they should be double i cannot believe the bang per buck you get. ok ive got them biwired with rumour 2 and paired perfectly with my rotels they are digging out allsorts ive never heard, they are not noticeably worse than mezzo 2's they are amazing with everything they are not fussy about placement despite twin rear ports ( which was my worry ) they are fast, rythmic, detailed with a spacious soundstage and have bass in spades for the size

these kings will take some toppling, superb well done wharfedale.

oh and buy the way they're in walnut with gloss black facia and polished chrome driver surrounds - they look like they sound - a million bucks

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
pauldownton1979:

wharfedale 10.1's ..... are amazing with everything they are not fussy about placement despite twin rear ports ( which was my worry ) they are fast, rythmic, detailed with a spacious soundstage and have bass in spades for the size

Do they sound just as good close (like just an inch or two distance) to a wall? There was another thread about these great looking speakers asking about loose-sounding bass (and the distance placed from a back wall when reviewed) and I believe Simon Lucas replied, stating that no less than a foot from a wall was best.

I was going to buy some 9.1s, then decided to wait for these to be available, but now not sure as they will need to be postioned close to a wall.

pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
well mine are 8" from wall so not sure, do you have an audio t/practical hi fi/sevenoaks nearby ? they will let you have for a week to see how they fit in - trust me tho, they are serious serious kit for this price

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Nearest hi-fi dealers, e.g Sevenoaks, are 40 miles or more away, but it seems a home demo is the only way to go...if they will loan then out over such a distance.

pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
yeah they will. they take your card details and get autorisation from your bank, so they put the money aside in case you dont take them back, but it never goes in the till unless you say so.... or vanish

pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
bottom end nice taut fast rythmic, obviousley we have to take the price into context here at some stage, but in the last 8 hours or so ive had oasis to little boots to wacko jacko to stone roses via the beatles and havent once thought about wanting more bass. ill go through led zep and bassment jaxx tomorrow so will have better idea then but id say they had more than the ae aegis 2 floorstanders i had recently, tho they were admitantly light for floor standers. im also using old atacama se stands sand filled, so they are a help. very impressive allrounders.

pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
lordmortlock:Good stuff. And you could buy two pairs for the cost of the heimdall ;)

emotion-2.gif
dont tell that to joels missus tho!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I reckon she's onto a good thing. All the hifi comes out of my account not the joint account. Yet it's always on when I get home. She's laughing...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts