Upcoming Samsung 3D TV/BD Review - Request for What Hi-Fi Team

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking forward to the forthcoming review in the next issue. Would be grateful if you could test something out though - whether a current HDMI 1.3 AV Receiver can in fact 'pass-through' a 3D 48fps signal or not! There's a lot of confusion on this topic at present - while it's fairly certain that current receivers cannot pass through a 3D 120Hz (2 x 60Hz) signal, the situation is not so clear with a 48Hz (2 x 24Hz) one. We know that HDMI 1.3 can handle 3D, else the PS3 would not be firmware upgradeable, so I wonder if the current crop of receivers may be okay after all with 3D 48Hz content. Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

bigboss:Not sure, but I don't think that the current receivers are 3D capable.

That's why i've asked What Hi-Fi to check it out, as it's all a bit muddy. As HDMI 1.3 can handle up to a 60Hz signal, there are rumours that 48Hz can be handled within the HDMI 1.3 60Hz spec. It would be nice to be able to test the issue definitively.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
It's not rumour or speculation.
Google with a phrase like "sonys-blu-ray-players-do-3d-in-1080p-even-with-hdmi-1-3" to find out the situation regarding 3D over HDMI 1.3.
Considering the PS3 is deemed compatible with 3D with an imminent software update, this indicates quite clearly that this 3D malarkey (?) is possible to some degree despite having only a 1.3 HDMI output socket.

TRENDING THREADS