Ultrasonic Cleaner

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Bought my wife an Ultrasonic Cleaner last Xmas for her jewellery. Noticed in the handbook that it will also clean CDs/DVDs. There are some warnings about it i.e. Do not clean objects whose surfaces show scratches, as the scratches may deepen during the ultrasonic treatment. Do not clean more than once and no longer than 90 secs. I'm just inquisitive as to whether anyone here has ever used ultrasonic cleaning on a CD. I dread to think of the state of a CD that would warrant such treatment. It it doesn't come off with a gentle wipe and maybe some cleaning fluid then I would think it's probably time to replace the disc.

Maybe WHF can test some and come up with some marvellous facts about a certain model cleans deeper, reduces sibilance, enhanced midrange etc ;)

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi 8009514,i have one these ultrasonic cleaners ,i have cleaned my cd/dvd with the ultrasonic cleaner with no problems it just gentley cleans the disc, i know its sound a bit weird droping your cd in water,but if you look on the russ andrews web site ,theres a bit more detail on this and best way to get results on cleaning your disc,if your not sure just use an old disc that you dont use much to try it out.david

TRENDING THREADS