UHD blu Ray players to be delayed ?

Highlander

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have just emailed Oppo asking them to give me an idea when they will be releasing a UHD blu Ray player, they have advised at the earliest it will be mid to late 2016 which is very disappointing, they say it is because of the late receipt/ availability of chipsets! Does this mean that all manufacturers including the Panasonic & Samsung announcements could be delayed? Does anybody know ? Thanks

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I suspect that the really big manufacturers, in volume terms, will have already ordered most of the world production of the chips for a few months, leaving the smaller manufacturers to grab whatever is left over, whenever it is available.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
House Rule #37: Any thread not descending into an argument within five posts may be determined by the moderators not to be trying hard enough.

Highlander

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have also heard from Denon & they have confirmed they have definitely no plans to introduce a UHD blu Ray player for quite some time. So Oppo & Denon look out of the equation for at least most of 2016. So far we have a Panasonic for release early 2016 at a £2k price tag which is too high for most & Samsung that have a curved offering with only one HDMI output. I've been waiting for so long, excited at the realisation after so long of a UHD blu Ray but it's all sounding very disappointing... I can't get an answer from Pioneer & so my only hope is CES 2016 in early January will bring better news!

Highlander

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Just had call from LG ( put info on other thread) over separate issue, but they say they will have aUHD blu Ray player available in February 2016!

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
not really sure why people are rushing to buy these uhd blu ray players given the absolute pathetic line up of discs due to be released next year. Great, you can have a 4k tv and 4k blu ray and next to ****** all to watch on it ;)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello Highlander, in 2014 Steve Withers said ....

Highlander said:
I have just emailed Oppo asking them to give me an idea when they will be releasing a UHD blu Ray player, they have advised at the earliest it will be mid to late 2016 which is very disappointing, they say it is because of the late receipt/ availability of chipsets! Does this mean that all manufacturers including the Panasonic & Samsung announcements could be delayed? Does anybody know ? Thanks

You say that late 2016 would be very disappointing. You are not alone in expecting faster progress. You might like to read the second and the last paragraphs of the Oppo 105D Blu-ray review, https://www.avforums.com/review/oppo-105d-bdp-105d-blu-ray-player-review.9953 in which Steve Withers mentions in both paragraphs "can it still remain relevant with 4K Blu-ray waiting in the wings?" and "The 105D is undoubtedly a great universal player but at £1,099 it certainly isn't cheap and, with 4K Blu-ray around the corner, it's a sizeable investment at this stage in the format's development."

Well, whether it's waiting in the wings or around the corner, it ain't here yet! And by late 2016, it will be two and a half years since the 105D review in February 2014, when Steve Withers thought 4K Blu-ray would be with us soon.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
And by late 2016, it will be two and a half years since the 105D review in February 2014, when Steve Withers thought 4K Blu-ray would be with us soon.

So you're referencing and linking a so-called 'expert' who is clearly talking bllox, and has no more of a clue than anyone else.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Son_of_SJ said:
And by late 2016, it will be two and a half years since the 105D review in February 2014, when Steve Withers thought 4K Blu-ray would be with us soon.

So you're referencing and linking a so-called 'expert' who is clearly talking bllox, and has no more of a clue than anyone else.

Spiny norman, you don't have to agree with me, but there's no need for you to be gratuitously offensive. Steve Withers is regarded by many as an Audio-visual expert, and in February 2014 it was widely thought that 4K Blu-ray was, if not imminent, at least in the offing. The 4K Blu-ray govening bodies have made quite slow progress in agreeing standards. Steve Withers was not the only one to have been misled.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
Son_of_SJ said:

Moody Norman.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
not really sure why people are rushing to buy these uhd blu ray players given the absolute pathetic line up of discs due to be released next year. Great, you can have a 4k tv and 4k blu ray and next to ****** all to watch on it ;)

theres a few 4k blu rays i'm gonna get even though i also admit lineup isnt strong yet it's to be expected.

amazing spider-man 2, chappie, life of pi, x men days of future past, captain phillips, fury and fantastic four. even those fant4stic was the worst film i have ever seen still could buy to see how it looks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts