Ugrade from Roksan K3

rzvnx

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
I have a Roksan K3 and, as much as İ enjoy its full. round and cohesive sound, I would really like something a little more forward and with more detail.
İ narrowed my option between 3 options: Roksan Blak, Unison Unico Due and Rega Elicit-R. I do not have the option to demo any of them. so İ must rely only on web information. My speakers are Amphion Argon 3L. İ would really appreciate your help.
Thank you.

insider9

In my humble opinion Elicit-R is not an upgrade from K3. The difference in presentation based on what you're saying will be in fact a downgrade. I've not heard the other two to comment but gut feel tells me Blak may be ok just not sure it's enough of a step up. Have you considered Hegel Rost?

rzvnx

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. I could demo the Hegel H190 ... do you think, in term of SQ, is a real upgrade from the K3 (I have a Matrix-M, so DAC or DLNA packaged with the amp is not needed)?

insider9

Hard to say as I've not heard H190. I demoed H160 and owned Rost. You'd really need a demo. Rost is a special bit of gear that H160 wasn't. If H190 sounds like Rost then it would be amazing. Reviews I've read are split. Rost was amplifier of the year for many.

Reason I suggested Hegel is it will give you more of the sound you like. For me it is much closer to Roksan than most brands.

rzvnx

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
I went yersterday and listened to the H190. It is the upgrade I was looking for! So much detail and openess, so fast and without loosing substance, without sounding "thin". My local dealer has a promotion for Hegel; I could get the H190 for 2300 Eur.
Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts