Typical......

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Cofnchtr:Hi, Certainly check the settings 'out of the box' as they will more than likely be set too high. Usually are. Adjust in your usual seating position with ambient light at the same level as you'd watch most of the time. If you have a THX disc, check settings with the optimiser as a good starting point then fine tune until you think the picture is good enough/satisfactory. Sit back and enjoy. Cheers, Cofnchtr.

Thanks ever so much for this Cofnchtr, i'll see what picture i can come up with! Not long to go now, should be here by the morning

Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici. Thanks, Rorschach.

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

Rorschach:Thanks prof, you seen any films worth mentioning while you've been at LoveFilm? Which were the best?

I've rented quite a few Blu-Rays from Lovefilm now. Highlights for me (for a variety of reasons) so far are:

Dr. No, The Orphanage, 21, Juno, Enchanted, In The Valley of Elah, Son of Rambow, No Country For Old Men, Sweeney Todd, Master and Commander, Eastern Promises, Superbad, Vacancy, Flags Of Our Fathers, Letters From Iwo Jima, The Island, Sunshine and American Gangster.

Most of the above I've then gone on to buy!

Rorschach:The subscription offers don't look too bad, not that dear, one problem i'll have to overcome though is to stop watching the ones i already have as i love them all.

I know what you mean! I started off with an Unlimited per month with two discs at home tariff but have slowly downgraded to my current status of just 2 films per month with only one at home. Thing is, when I first started out, I had very few Blu-Rays so it was a blessing to get so many in I could watch and use that as the basis of which ones were good to buy. Now I have over 70, I was finding I was becoming a bit of slave to Lovefilm to ensure I was getting my money's worth so I kept reducing my tariff until my most recent one which I think will be good, giving me a chance to still watch 2 new films per month, but still enjoy my existing collection (including the Band of Brothers boxset my brother got me for Christmas which I haven't started yet!).

i've spent a good few quid on Amazon these past few months, i need some pretty big Dvd racks though. Gone Baby Gone looks like a really good film, not to mention Wyatt Earp, can't wait to watch the Blu-Ray of There Will Be Blood. Not hyping for my tv, knowing my luck something bad will happen again so i'm waiting till i see my first HD picture, then i'll get a bit giddy, thanks once again all.

I've heard Band Of Brothers is amazing, anyone comment on their own views?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici. Thanks, Rorschach

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

Rorschach:Thanks prof, you seen any films worth mentioning while you've been at LoveFilm? Which were the best?

I've rented quite a few Blu-Rays from Lovefilm now. Highlights for me (for a variety of reasons) so far are:

Dr. No, The Orphanage, 21, Juno, Enchanted, In The Valley of Elah, Son of Rambow, No Country For Old Men, Sweeney Todd, Master and Commander, Eastern Promises, Superbad, Vacancy, Flags Of Our Fathers, Letters From Iwo Jima, The Island, Sunshine and American Gangster.

Rorschach:The subscription offers don't look too bad, not that dear, one problem i'll have to overcome though is to stop watching the ones i already have as i love them all.

I know what you mean! I started off with an Unlimited per month with two discs at home tariff but have slowly downgraded to my current status of just 2 films per month with only one at home. Thing is, when I first started out, I had very few Blu-Rays so it was a blessing to get so many in I could watch and use that as the basis of which ones were good to buy. Now I have over 70, I was finding I was becoming a bit of slave to Lovefilm to ensure I was getting my money's worth so I kept reducing my tariff until my most recent one which I think will be good, giving me a chance to still watch 2 new films per month, but still enjoy my existing collection (including the Band of Brothers boxset my brother got me for Christmas which I haven't started yet!).

i've spent a good few quid on Amazon these past few months, i need some pretty big Dvd racks though. Gone Baby Gone looks like a really good film, not to mention Wyatt Earp, can't wait to watch the Blu-Ray of There Will Be Blood. Not hyping for my tv, knowing my luck something bad will happen again so i'm waiting till i see my first HD picture, then i'll get a bit giddy, thanks once again all.

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis and Tim Roth are about neck and neck for the "Best British actor, ever" award in my opinion. What's your favourite film?

Thanks, Rorschach.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Can't afford it.
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts