TX-P42GT20 Review date

A

Anonymous

hmmm, the next issue is out on the 18th i think, so i reckon the issue after that should have a review...

A

Anonymous

Just a quick bit of info for anyone not aware but the TX-P42GT20 is basically a TX-P42G20 Plasma screen which is 3D capable.

So if your after a cheap 3D tv from Panasonic, this is the one.

A

Anonymous

Panasonic Store:
Just a quick bit of info for anyone not aware but the TX-P42GT20 is basically a TX-P42G20 Plasma screen which is 3D capable.

So if your after a cheap 3D tv from Panasonic, this is the one.

On the Video of IFA over at another site there is a video of the Panasonic rep talking about GT20. Basically he says nearly identical to the VT20

LINK REMOVED - House Rules

And features the "faster" phosphors and also the same panels at the VT20. Something tells me this is going to be a decent step up over the G20.

A

Anonymous

The faster phosphurs are for the 3D side of things, not the picture quality. We have both TX-P42GT20 and the TX-P42VT20 and you can you see the difference straight away hence why there is a GT20 and a VT20.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You have a 42VT20 in stock already :( ? I'm replacing my 42V20 with one as soon as my dealer can get one, but he hasnt a price or delivery date yet.

Do you have a price for the 42VT20 ? Does it come with the new style 3d glasses as shown at IFA?

A

Anonymous

micks_address:

You have a 42VT20 in stock already :( ? I'm replacing my 42V20 with one as soon as my dealer can get one, but he hasnt a price or delivery date yet.

Do you have a price for the 42VT20 ? Does it come with the new style 3d glasses as shown at IFA?

The price is £1799.99 for the TX-P42VT20 (price can vary depending on the dealer). Looks like they come with the same glasses as the 50" VT20. The new style glasses will be available to buy seperately in 3 sizes (Small, Medium and Large) very very soon this month i think.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a date yet for availability of the 42Vt20. Seems a little silly to bundle the old glasses when the new ones are supposed to be better.. from a video from IFA, the new ones charge via USB and block out the light from the sides better.. be a shame to get free (expensive) ones in the box that are pushing up the price of the tv, to find better glasses from the same company on the market! I'd prefer if they didnt include the glasses at all and could lower the price..

Is there any word on Avatar 3d blu-ray being bundled with the tvs? I'm guessing it will be a send in a form to claim sort of process?

Thanks

Mick

Panasonic Store:micks_address:

The price is £1799.99 for the TX-P42VT20 (price can vary depending on the dealer). Looks like they come with the same glasses as the 50" VT20. The new style glasses will be available to buy seperately in 3 sizes (Small, Medium and Large) very very soon this month i think.

A

Anonymous

Panasonic Store:
The faster phosphurs are for the 3D side of things, not the picture quality. We have both TX-P42GT20 and the TX-P42VT20 and you can you see the difference straight away hence why there is a GT20 and a VT20.

M, have you heard anything about any possible firmware updates that may help with the motion issues many are reporting on this years g/v series plasmas ? ta..

A

Anonymous

Hi Mick

Availability at the moment are none as Panasonic UK are out of stock of the 42" VT20 as we speak but some dealers would of have them in like us for launch, so dig around and have a look.

As for the glasses, it is confirmed that you receive the old style 3D glasses from Panasonic as found with the 50" version of the VT20.

As for Avatar 3D blu ray, from what i have heard is that this will be a redemption offer around christmas when you purchase a Panasonic 3D TV and 3D blu ray player. Remember that Avatar 3D blu ray is an exclusive to Panasonic and you will not be able to buy it in the shops for a while, the reason for this is that Avatar was filmed from the ground up in 3D and the 3D equipment was supplied by Panasonic, hence the exclusivity.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:Panasonic Store:

M, have you heard anything about any possible firmware updates that may help with the motion issues many are reporting on this years g/v series plasmas ? ta..

Hi Max

I have not heard anything yet about any firmware upgrades regarding the motion issues on the G and V series tv's (i have not seen any motion problems myself regarding these models?) but if there is an update through a firmware for the tv's, ill let you know straight away as most times Panasonic do instruct us for major firmware fixes to pass the information onto customers.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - for launch do you mean 1st October? I've seen some prices listed as 1599 with free 3d blu-ray player included.. so i'm hoping without blu-ray player it might come in a bit cheaper.. i can wait anyway as i have the v20 to keep me entertained.. even with its mildly irritating floating blacks and buzzing.. have you seen a 42Vt20 in action? is it the same styling as the v20, only with a black bezel?

will the usb wifi dongle come as standard?

cheers,

mick

Panasonic Store:

Hi Mick

Availability at the moment are none as Panasonic UK are out of stock of the 42" VT20 as we speak but some dealers would of have them in like us for launch, so dig around and have a look.

As for the glasses, it is confirmed that you receive the old style 3D glasses from Panasonic as found with the 50" version of the VT20.

As for Avatar 3D blu ray, from what i have heard is that this will be a redemption offer around christmas when you purchase a Panasonic 3D TV and 3D blu ray player. Remember that Avatar 3D blu ray is an exclusive to Panasonic and you will not be able to buy it in the shops for a while, the reason for this is that Avatar was filmed from the ground up in 3D and the 3D equipment was supplied by Panasonic, hence the exclusivity.

A

Anonymous

thanks m
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Mick

The 42" VT20 is out now! It all depends on what retailers pre-ordered them from Panasonic to get them straight away. We ordered them soon as we were told by our Panasonic rep that these models were due out and hence why we have them in stock right this minute. The price will vary, the RRP is £1799.99 but there will be deals on them as Panasonic have done a good package with the new DMP-BDT100 3D blu ray player, i do not think it will be any cheaper than what you have seen it for as the player is a freebie and does not reflect on the price. As for the design, it is exactly the same as the 50" VT20, so its gloss black with a mix of chocolate thrown into the mix. Yes i have seen one in motion as ive got one set up in my showroom and its performance is excellent!

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks M - i am quite envious! Are you famillar with the 'floating blacks' issue on the v20s and other plasmas? Have you seen any instance of it on the 42Vt20?

To recreate it if you use The Matrix blu-ray and at 3 minutes 5 seconds where Trinity is sitting in the room and the cops burst in - watch from that point forward and you can seen brightness level of the screen jump up and then back down automatically.. fight club is another good example of a blu-ray where it happens a lot! Its harder to notice in brightly lit environments.. but very distracting if you are watching in a room with the lights dimmed..

Also whats the level of 'buzz' like from the vt20? Does it have a metal back like the v20, or plastic? Are there 3 fans across the back?

Cheers,

Mick

Panasonic Store:

Mick

The 42" VT20 is out now! It all depends on what retailers pre-ordered them from Panasonic to get them straight away. We ordered them soon as we were told by our Panasonic rep that these models were due out and hence why we have them in stock right this minute. The price will vary, the RRP is £1799.99 but there will be deals on them as Panasonic have done a good package with the new DMP-BDT100 3D blu ray player, i do not think it will be any cheaper than what you have seen it for as the player is a freebie and does not reflect on the price. As for the design, it is exactly the same as the 50" VT20, so its gloss black with a mix of chocolate thrown into the mix. Yes i have seen one in motion as ive got one set up in my showroom and its performance is excellent!

A

Anonymous

Will have to take my Matrix blu ray to work and have a look at this floating blacks that people talk about, i have not yet experienced this but will give it a go and let you know on this film.

Yes the 42" VT20 has a metal back, all of Panasonic's plasma tv's have a metal back and the VT20 does indeed have 3 fans on the back. The buzzing sound is on mine too but it's one of those things, if it's buzzing to a certain degree that is unsuitable then Panasonic can send an engineer over and see if it is normal or over the usual limit.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks M - would appreciate that.. if you watch as I say from about 3 minutes 5 seconds onwards.. and can dim the lights, and watch the black bars top and bottom clearly you should see what i'm on about.. if you dont great :)

it could be that this just affects some sets.. and i've been unlucky that my retailer has has 2 in that exhibit the problem.. i really hope when i get the 42vt20 it wont have them..

Do you have a date when panasonic Uk will have the 42VT20 back in stock? I realise you have them at the moment.. but as i'm in dublin i cant buy from you.. and i have to stick with my current retailer as he's exchanging my V20 for the VT20

Cheers,

Mick

Panasonic Store:

Will have to take my Matrix blu ray to work and have a look at this floating blacks that people talk about, i have not yet experienced this but will give it a go and let you know on this film.

Yes the 42" VT20 has a metal back, all of Panasonic's plasma tv's have a metal back and the VT20 does indeed have 3 fans on the back. The buzzing sound is on mine too but it's one of those things, if it's buzzing to a certain degree that is unsuitable then Panasonic can send an engineer over and see if it is normal or over the usual limit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts