1tv2ruledemall

Jul 14, 2022
Visit site
I am looking for a TV that is todays best picture quality in not just gradients, or color volume, or reflection handling, but imo, most importanly how it makes the visual stage look more 3D, and there is more depth with foreground vs background.

In for example this very review they mention how the LG is very good at this, and so is the Sony.

However, I think for TV enthusiasts, we need this to be more measured, in the same way color volume is measured.

I think this is an important metric.

So which TV has the better picture quality, but in terms of the picture being more 3D?

I remember when 3d TVs were in demand but faded out due to how gimmicky it felt needing to wear glasses. Nonetheless, I think we can still have that kind of experience if the TV can deliver that experience without the glasses but just based on other technologies with HDR, and good contrast and good processing. Therefore elevating the overall cinema experience which is what we want with new technologies, and their higher contrast ratios.

And since more content will coming out in 4k HDR, a TV that can deliver that 3d experience without the glasses would be the better experience than other metrics of more color. Which is why it should be metric that is measured, which might also push TV manufacturers to push into this development more as well, with film producers as well to make sure their movies pop more.

I realize this might be too soon to ask for the Sony A95K, but the question still stands in general which TV offers the best picture quality that people are aware of.

If for example the a90J is better than even the LG G2 that would be a good indicator of the A95K, in terms of 3d image in a movie, making it look 3 dimensional with more depth.

Thanks for any responses, and I hope we can try to get 3d image depth somehow as a regular metric when reviewing tvs.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I am looking for a TV that is todays best picture quality in not just gradients, or color volume, or reflection handling, but imo, most importanly how it makes the visual stage look more 3D, and there is more depth with foreground vs background.

In for example this very review they mention how the LG is very good at this, and so is the Sony.

However, I think for TV enthusiasts, we need this to be more measured, in the same way color volume is measured.

So which TV has the better picture quality, but in terms of the picture being more 3D?

I remember when 3d TVs were in demand but faded out due to how gimmicky it felt needing to wear glasses. Nonetheless, I think we can still have that kind of experience if the TV can deliver that experience without the glasses but just based on other technologies with HDR, and good contrast and good processing. Therefore elevating the overall cinema experience which is what we want with new technologies, and their higher contrast ratios.

And since more content will coming out in 4k HDR, a TV that can deliver that 3d experience without the glasses would be the better experience than other metrics of more color. Which is why it should be metric that is measured, which might also push TV manufacturers to push into this development more as well, with film producers as well to make sure their movies pop more.

I realize this might be too soon to ask for the Sony A95K, but the question still stands in general which TV offers the best picture quality that people are aware of.

If for example the a90J is better than even the LG G2 that would be a good indicator of the A95K, in terms of 3d image in a movie, making it look 3 dimensional with more depth.

Thanks for any responses, and I hope we can try to get 3d image depth somehow as a regular metric when reviewing tvs.
From what I gather the Sony has great depth and detail to the picture. Personally I don’t think Sony TVs look great out of the box, whereas LG always look great out of the box and I have personally seen the LG G2 and it is great. I have haven’t seen the Sony though. I have seen the Samsung QD-OLED and could’ve bought it but went for the LG C1 OLED TV and don’t regret it.

It might well come down to who do you prefer Sony or LG and why?

1tv2ruledemall

Jul 14, 2022
Visit site
From what I gather the Sony has great depth and detail to the picture. Personally I don’t think Sony TVs look great out of the box, whereas LG always look great out of the box and I have personally seen the LG G2 and it is great. I have haven’t seen the Sony though. I have seen the Samsung QD-OLED and could’ve bought it but went for the LG C1 OLED TV and don’t regret it.

It might well come down to who do you prefer Sony or LG and why?

I have a sony and while it's quite old, I'm happy with it.

I don't have much experience with lg, but sony being more accurate out of the box would be a winning point since I don't have pro calibration service available.

But I wa t something that takes the content and gives it more depth. So my personal experience doesn't give me enough information to choose. However if both were similar in the depth then I would lean more towards sony.

Reactions: Freddy

1tv2ruledemall

Jul 14, 2022
Visit site
More than the TV, it's how the picture is shot that gives it a 3D effect.

The chips and 'AI' upscale content with making the picture more sharp. The actual sharpness setting is useless ATM (most tvs recommend keeping sharpness to 0) but it doesn't mean that certain tvs do not add to that sharpness in other settings and hence more depth.

Of course if the source material is already set up for hdr and 4k then it's more about the panel itself rather than the processor.

So I am looking for a good panel but also a good processor that focuses on depth picture quality to the best among other tvs.

1tv2ruledemall

Jul 14, 2022
Visit site
I doubt that this is something which can be measured.

That's unfortunate. Considering that some tvs are better than others and lots of good choices as well. And the general metric used for upscaling is not clear on how it affects depth. Since just based on upscaling metric lg is better than sony according tv reviewers such as fomo, at least for low bit rate content. But there is also depth.

It would help me at least to make a more informed decision when making a large tv purchase if I could get this kind of information on which tv handles depth better in terms of processing or how depth is shown from the source material which reflects on the panel being good.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I have a sony and while it's quite old, I'm happy with it.

I don't have much experience with lg, but sony being more accurate out of the box would be a winning point since I don't have pro calibration service available.

But I wa t something that takes the content and gives it more depth. So my personal experience doesn't give me enough information to choose. However if both were similar in the depth then I would lean more towards sony.
I would go for the Sony then. Have you read the Sony reviews, you should.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
My 2011 model PLASMA has got two set of glasses for the 3D model 50 inch and works well considering i only paid s/h £80 The glasses themselves cost as much as that ( almost) But 3D now appears is a also run a ost manufacturers are not making them anymore ( lack of DVDs and no 3D transmissions ) so we see the last of these very soon now. yet my PLASMA Panasonic is ok but not a good idea to watch 3 D for any length of time . ( HSE say it can cause problems with eyesight)

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site

I have a Panasonic 42" 3D enabled TV. I bought it because Sky had a dedicated 3D channel since demised. Watching normal TV programmes visitors often commented that it was obvious when programmes were filmed in a studio and had a depth of field which was not normally noticed on their tvs. Admittedly I noticed the phenomena when I first bought the TV. Needless to say our friends and family now own Panasonic tvs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts