TV plus HiFi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a good quality hi-fi (Naim CDX, 72 pre, 250 power and SBLs.) My Sony TV sound is OK but the cabinet buzzes on anything above average volume. I thought I'd redesign the room to place the TV between the SBLs. What would I need to buy to connect the TV to the hi-fi and is it straightforward to connect? I'm not really bothered about surround sound but would be prepared to buy something with all the channels should I decide to change in the future. In that case could I buy extra speakers to supplement the SBLs (which I love the sound of)? Lots of questions I'm afraid but I really am a beginner at this.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
It should be a simple case of running a stereo interconnect from the phono outputs on the Sony TV (assuming it has them) to a spare line input on the preamp. Then all you need to do is select the relevant input on the hi-fi, turn down the volume on the TV and play the sound through your hi-fi speakers.

As for surround sound, you could add the Naim AV2 processor and, say, the NAP 175 three-channel amplifier to drive the centre and surround channels. Yes, you'd need to add a centre speaker and two surrounds, and it would make sense to stick with SBLs all round if you can.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm... Agree with the amps (and you could drop the AV2 into the system in place of the NAC72 if you wish), but SBLs all round might be a bit ambitious - you'll probably find the Axent or Axess centre speaker, plus n-Sats for the surround channels, a bit easier on the domestic landscape! And indeed the wallet!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts