TV aerial connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My new yamaha 863SE & TV is still in the box awaiting completion of room decoration, so i have somewhat of a lame excuse for asking a simple question, but to be honest the correct connection of the aerial has always confused me.

I take it the Yam doesnt have an aerial input and so it must be passed though another device?

So if;

1. I dont have any other device set up does it need to go straight into the TV - meaning it by passes the upscaling qualities of the Yam and so the Yam only looks after the speakers?

2. If i add an oldish combined video/dvd to the system, it should go through that which will then pass through the Yam via the component cables?

3. If i eventually get Sky+ it will go through that and then through the Yam?

Hope this makes sence.

John Duncan

'Yes' to all of those - though Sky+ won't have an aerial input, I guess. You may wish to do a pass-through aerial connection from the DVD combi to the TV so that you can still watch a channel on the telly while you're recording another as a last resort though - and this won't be upscaled.

A

Anonymous

Thanks.

Do Blu Ray players or PS3 have aerial inputs/outputs? Just thinking my Pana HDD does in the other room?

A

Anonymous

Actually am i correct in saying the aerial signal will not pass through component? I think this is where i am confused. In scenario 2, will the combo unit still have to be connected to the TV directly?

daveh75

your correct yes,no the aerial signal wont pass through the component. not sure what your asking for the second bit.

if its to get an aerial signal on the tv then you should connect the aerial to the rf in on the combo. then from rf out to tv.

for play back of the combo unit, so long as thats connected to the yammy then the yammy to tv to wont need to directly to tv also,

TRENDING THREADS