turntable problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning all, I have a Technics SL-BD22 turntable playing into a Technics SA-EH780 amp. the sound is very and I mean very low. I have tried another turntable and that seems to work fine, any thoughts on this will be very welcome. TBird

Hi Tbird welcome to the forum. I think we need a little bit more information here. You say you have a BD22. Is this what you normally play on and it has only recently gone quiet, or is it a new addition. You say you have plugged in a different turntable and this worked fine. Has it got a standard T4P plug-in cartridge fitted? Have you tried it with the cartridge from the other turntable.

dazroch

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
Hello. I am new to turntables and my sound is very low on my Genie turntable connected to a Cambridge Audio 640 Amp. So sounds like we are both having a similar problem. If someone could help i would be very grateful.

Once again not enough detail. What cartridge do you have, exactly where is it connected to your amplifier. Has it always been low sound or recently gone this way. By low do you mean compared to the volume you get out of a CD player with the main volume control in the same position?

dazroch said:
Hello. I am new to turntables and my sound is very low on my Genie turntable connected to a Cambridge Audio 640 Amp. So sounds like we are both having a similar problem. If someone could help i would be very grateful.

Dazroch I notice that the Cambridge 640 has an optional phono stage. That is it wasn't designed from the outset to work with a turntable. Do you have one fitted? If not there is the reason! You are going to need a phono-preamplifier to connect between your turntable and your amplifier. Do a quick Google search for one within your budget or try to get the optional Cambridge Audio one.

A

Anonymous

Hi and thanks for getting back to me, I have had the Technics stack system for a while now and everything on it has worked just fine, but I was using an old Fisher turntable with no problems because I never had a stylus for the BD22, but when I got my G464 stylus ( which is constant with the EPS22CS (they say)) I could only get a very quiet sound out of the system. The cartridge has 'P24' and 'T4P' printed on it, thanks, TBird

tbird said:
Hi and thanks for getting back to me, I have had the Technics stack system for a while now and everything on it has worked just fine, but I was using an old Fisher turntable with no problems because I never had a stylus for the BD22, but when I got my G464 stylus ( which is constant with the EPS22CS (they say)) I could only get a very quiet sound out of the system. The cartridge has 'P24' and 'T4P' printed on it, thanks, TBird

Yes. That is the standard cartridge fitted to that turntable.
Is it wired in to your amplifier in exactly the same way that your Fisher turntable was?
If it is I can only suggest you have a problem with the cartridge and that you see if it can be replaced by whoever you got it from.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts