Turntable mats

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Can any one recommend a good turntable mat for my Pro-Ject Xperience TT?

I wouldn't want to pay more than £100.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

5cats35:...I wouldn't want to pay more than £100...Don't even pay that! I just put on a highly regarded mat from the maker of a particularly well-known and high-end turntable on one of my Technics - no impact on the sound at all.

I've also tried cork mats, mats made from insulating and sound proof materials and, of course, felt, and to me there's never beenm much difference except for the cork, which sucked the life out of the bass.

To be honest, after aligning the cartridge and setting tracking weight, mounting a turntable properly on a decent stand has always made the biggest difference, followed by making sure it's 100% level.

A

Anonymous

Then buy the Linn mat. It won't make a difference, but at least you won't have spent too much in the experiment.

What don't you like about the sound of your current setup?

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Nothing! But you know how it is always searching for that bit extra!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Yes, that's exactly why I've tried various options. The problem is, if I hadn't wasted money chasing rainbows I could afford the Dynavector I've been lusting after....

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I would steer clear of felt mats as the static build-up is a real pain in the butt!

Sorbothane is a good material and plenty of mats out there made of this. Origin Live and Clearaudio do them for well under 50 quid so plenty of choice.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
mitch65:

I would steer clear of felt mats as the static build-up is a real pain in the butt!

Sorbothane is a good material and plenty of mats out there made of this. Origin Live and Clearaudio do them for well under 50 quid so plenty of choice.

Ahh, thats why my felt mat keeps coming away from the platter when I lift my record off
emotion-2.gif

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Jason36:mitch65:

Ahh, thats why my felt mat keeps coming away from the platter when I lift my record off
emotion-2.gif

yeah, bloody annoying!
emotion-12.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Jason36:mitch65:

emotion-2.gif

X 1 - Tiresome isn't it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts