Turntable Chassis Supplier ?

daddles

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Does anybody out there know where I can source turntable chassis' for a diy project ? Basically I would just like the bare bones so I can put it in a home made unit ie no plinth etc but must have screw down springs for tansportation.

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Tony.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
daddles said:
Hi

Does anybody out there know where I can source turntable chassis' for a diy project ? Basically I would just like the bare bones so I can put it in a home made unit ie no plinth etc but must have screw down springs for tansportation.

B&Q.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone sells turntable chassis on their own. Many manufacturers chassi designs include loads of composites, MDF, rocking horse manure, you name it, to cut down on resonance, that is the chassis acting as a sounding board reflecting vibrations back into the cartridge (remember records work by vibrating a needle in a groove).

If you're serious about a DIY turntable I'd suggest you look at finding a solid block of dense hardwood or really thick MDF, or laminating up something yourself, and getting someone with a CNC milling machine to cut all the mounting holes etc. for you.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
daddles said:
Hi

B&Q.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone sells turntable chassis on their own. Many manufacturers chassi designs include loads of composites, MDF, rocking horse manure, you name it, to cut down on resonance, that is the chassis acting as a sounding board reflecting vibrations back into the cartridge (remember records work by vibrating a needle in a groove).

If you're serious about a DIY turntable I'd suggest you look at finding a solid block of dense hardwood or really thick MDF, or laminating up something yourself, and getting someone with a CNC milling machine to cut all the mounting holes etc. for you.

Maybe IPL Speakers could CNC machine something for you, if you could provide the design specification?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Reading the op's post carefully (I know, what am I thinking?), I don't think he wants the plinth, he wants the moving parts minus the plinth, that's what he seems to be referring to as the "chassis".

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Reading the op's post carefully (I know, what am I thinking?), I don't think he wants the plinth, he wants the moving parts minus the plinth, that's what he seems to be referring to as the "chassis".

... he has little interest in any replies to his question.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts