Turntable Advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

chebby:crusaderlord:I actually have no idea what cartridge it has - i know it came with the Rega when it was bought in 1990.

Your cartridge looks like an Audio Technica AT95E (I think)

That means you can still get a replacement stylus for it. (Advisable for peace of mind and they are not expensive.)

Oh, and get the new belt anyway. (Make sure it is from a Rega dealer. Plenty of 'iffy' ones out there.) It will improve the timing and pace even though you don't hear any problems with the old one.

Deffo an AT95E. Your table and arm can take better, though a Blue may be pushing it...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Your table and arm can take better, though a Blue may be pushing it...

Wanna bet?

3228548240_e53b0eca14_m.jpg

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I love the look of the Ortofon Blue but may go Red instead.

Its hard to see if my existing cartridge is still in good nick, it sounds great but is c18 years old i guess so a new one may be a good idea. Yes it definately is the Audio Technica and reading a few write ups its sounds pretty good for the budget end range.

T

the record spot

Denon DL110 might be worth consideration, or at least a chat with a dealer who stocks them - many rate it very highly and at £60/£70 or so, apparently a bit of a steal at the price. Note: NOT the DL103 which is slightly pricier, but less favoured against the '110. Ian Harrison in Derbyshire was advertising the 110 at about £70 and Mantra Audio in Selby roughly the same I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts