True HD sound from media center not working

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I have a media center (hush E6 mk III) with Sony Blu-ray drive and a graphics card with HDMI out (as well as the usual outputs). My audio controller is a Realtek HD audio manager.

I am using Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 (platinum) as the interface to play blu-ray/dvd discs.

I am connecting the HDMI output from the media center to a Denon 1909 AVR. So the HDMI is sending video and audio to the AVR.

I have the audio settings in Arcsoft to use "original primary" source and when I play a disc I select HD master audio setting. Arcsoft (looking at the info settings during play) reports it is sending out HD audio but my AVR only shows that it is receiving Dolby Digital.

The AVR audio is set to "auto" detect

Any ideas?

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
It's been a while since I used my PC as a blu-ray source, but I thought there was only one option for HD Audio, i.e. DTS-HD MA & TrueHD, Auzentech and PowerDVD? I've got Realtek HD Audio on my PC via HDMI, but it won't output TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.

A

Anonymous

If you are using just this HDMI from your graphics card then the best you will be getting is spdif, as that is how the graphics card would be getting sound from the motherboard. Basically downsampling somewhere along the signal line. If you really want HD audio, you want an Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 soundcard.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. Looks like a new sound card will be ordered soon.

Thanks for helping

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
The new ATI 5xxx cards support bitstreaming. However, none of the common players (TMT, PDVD) have yet been upgraded/patched to support the bitstreaming features of these cards yet. Personally I would wait for this to happen then get a low power version of one of these cards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts