True hd and dts-hd etc.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
When playing true hd and dts hd etc and i select dolby digital ex on my amp, so to get sound from all speakers including back surrounds am i still getting true hd etc.

panasonic th50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama nexus 6 speaker stands / kef 1005's for back surrounds / kef 1000.2 sub.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
beater:
When playing true hd and dts hd etc and i select dolby digital ex on my amp, so to get sound from all speakers including back surrounds am i still getting true hd etc.

panasonic th50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama nexus 6 speaker stands / kef 1005's for back surrounds / kef 1000.2 sub.
True HD & DTS master audio arnt originally mixed as 6.1 or 7.1 etc unless stated like 3.10 to yuma which is 7.1 uncompressed for eg.

However, with my pioneer receiver when i watch a movie thats in True HD it appears as True HD+EX on the display, which is then basically taking the signal from the surrounds & matrixing it to the surround back channel & to me it sounds fantastic i dont think now i could be without the back speaker even for matrixing etc but yes your still getting True HD.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou both for your help, on the onkyo when playing a blu-ray in True HD etc i get that on the display in large letters, but when i put it to Dolby Digital EX i get that in large letters with True HD in small red letters just above it.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
beater:Thankyou both for your help, on the onkyo when playing a blu-ray in True HD etc i get that on the display in large letters, but when i put it to Dolby Digital EX i get that in large letters with True HD in small red letters just above it.Basically its all the same thing its just that different amps give different info on the display panels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts