Question TRS to 2RCA vs 2TS to 2RCA

Dipy

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
CCEBC836-7A5E-4BF1-B5BF-1810B60316E9.png
From the image above which one should I use to connect from these 2 type of connectors?
56377CAE-3871-4859-A75E-0F417ADADD7F.png
1xTRS 1/4” to 2xRCA
If use this method, is it plug on the right channel of the focusrite?
8B7C7259-4CF4-4C9D-B74F-73EE34DCE61A.png
2xTS 1/4” to 2xRCA

From the connection above, is there any difference like which one is better or are they the same?

NB: The focusrite is connected to an amp which only accept 2xRCA input.

abacus

From the pictures the top one looks like a standard unbalanced stereo jack to 2 RCA (Without the full details it is hard to be sure) so not suitable for your requirements.

The 2nd picture appears to be 2 mono jacks to 2 RCA which is exactly what you need to give you the unbalanced connections you need for your speakers/amp.

Bill

Reactions: Dipy

Markmaguire

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the second one. One cable per channel. The 2i2 outputs are all mono. You'll need to configure the Focusrite app to output left channel to output one and right channel to output two.

Dipy

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
Yeah, the second one. One cable per channel. The 2i2 outputs are all mono. You'll need to configure the Focusrite app to output left channel to output one and right channel to output two.
If I have the first cable, is it the same if I just plug the 1/4” TRS to the right channel?

Dipy

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
The TRS cable in that example is likely to be stereo rather than balanced. So it's taking a stereo signal from a headphone output (or perhaps an instrument with a stereo output) and splitting into Left and Right RCA.
You will need two mono to mono cables (as per your second photo)
Okay so from the examples above, these are unbalanced connection. But both ways can work, right? Will it affect the audio quality in any way?

Gray

As you know Dipy, the Scarlett can provide a balanced output.
BUT, to make any worthwhile use of that, you need to connect it to something with a balanced input - which you are not doing.
Therefore an unbalanced connection is all you need.
Twin TS to RCA is all you need - there is no better way for you to connect what you have together.

Dipy

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
As you know Dipy, the Scarlett can provide a balanced output.
BUT, to make any worthwhile use of that, you need to connect it to something with a balanced input - which you are not doing.
Therefore an unbalanced connection is all you need.
Twin TS to RCA is all you need - there is no better way for you to connect what you have together.
Thanks again Gray, you’re always here to help! 👍🏻

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts