Trophy Image Issues

jpishgar

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Hey there all!

Do pardon our dust with the new launch! We're aware of a minor issue with the launch of the new forum platform, in that trophy images aren't quite showing up just yet. Please bear with as we look into resolving this issue - shouldn't be too long, and you'll be able to see all the trophies you've earned so far, as well as trophies you'll be able to earn!

Warm Regards,
-JP

Reactions: Mknott and inias

Gray

Hey there all!

Do pardon our dust with the new launch! We're aware of a minor issue with the launch of the new forum platform, in that trophy images aren't quite showing up just yet. Please bear with as we look into resolving this issue - shouldn't be too long, and you'll be able to see all the trophies you've earned so far, as well as trophies you'll be able to earn!

Warm Regards,
-JP
With the greatest respect jpishgar (especially to whoever came up with the ideas),
I wouldn't worry too much about trophy images not showing up.
I don't think anyone will miss them. Likewise the message counts and points are meaningless (they seem arbitrary), a few of us don't understand any of it.
Perhaps the idea was to make people competitive, maybe to add some 'fun'.
Sorry but you may have misjudged the members requirements (you might just think I'm an old cynic, but there's many more cynical than me here!)
Part of the appeal of the original forum was its simplicity.
Why not take a vote - I think you might find the majority could do without any of it.
P.S. As an example and at the risk of sounding interested :) , why, as I type this, have I got a message count of 137?
I can tell you that I'd done over 1000 posts on the old and around 15 on the new forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

jpishgar

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I'm rather happy to say that they are most definitely showing up now. :)

Naturally, no one from the prior forums will miss them, as they didn't exist until now. They aren't so much for the previous forum crowd, as for the newly registered and newly joining. Trophies are a quick and handy way to show off your participation in here on the forums, and for others to know a little bit more about you at first glance. Case in point, I know you've been around a good number of years, and your posts have had some decent popularity, too - all by a quick glance at those handful of trophies under your avatar.

Small things, but features nice-to-have for those who like 'em. No need to strip the system down out of disuse, they aren't costing anyone anything to have, and they're not in the way either. :)

Message counts are probably a little wonky - but will take a look. Your trophy points do seem to correctly count, but messages are off, for sure.

-JP

D

Deleted member 108165

Think you'll find that most of the original members message counts are wonky... But wow look at all dem trophies :)

Reactions: Al ears and Gray

Gray

I'm rather happy to say that they are most definitely showing up now. :)

Naturally, no one from the prior forums will miss them, as they didn't exist until now. They aren't so much for the previous forum crowd, as for the newly registered and newly joining. Trophies are a quick and handy way to show off your participation in here on the forums, and for others to know a little bit more about you at first glance. Case in point, I know you've been around a good number of years, and your posts have had some decent popularity, too - all by a quick glance at those handful of trophies under your avatar.

Small things, but features nice-to-have for those who like 'em. No need to strip the system down out of disuse, they aren't costing anyone anything to have, and they're not in the way either. :)

Message counts are probably a little wonky - but will take a look. Your trophy points do seem to correctly count, but messages are off, for sure.

-JP
Thanks bothering to reply JP. These things will be welcome for some people, I'm sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts