Transfering music to new i-pod

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone please could I ask for your help
emotion-2.gif

I have an old ipod nano with no video and I am going to buy a new video ipod

My ipod contains about 700 tracks mainly ripped from my CDs but I have also downloaded tracks from itunes

If I plugged my new Ipod into my computer will it automatically load up with my existing library

I hope the answer is yes but if not could you tell me the way to do it

Thank you all
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm not entirely sure if you are asking if you can buy a new iPod and have it and the old iPod both load up the music from iTunes on your computer or if you have music on the iPod that isn't on your computer and you want to copy the music from the old iPod to the new iPod. Either way the answer is yes, you can do it.

If you just want to have multiple iPods load the music that is on your computer through iTunes then just hook it up as usual and it will take care of it for you (it will delete anything thats currently on the iPod though so make sure there isn't something on the iPod that isn't on the computer - perhaps if you are getting a used iPod from a friend and you want some of the music thats currently on the iPod in your library then see the next paragraph).

If you want to save music thats currently on an iPod but not on your computer it can be done but isn't as straight forward. If on a Mac I'd probably choose Senuti (I've used before) and if using Windows apparently iPodRip is the most popular. If you want more info, then I'd check out this article.

A

Anonymous

Thanks mcd0234

Sorry I did not make it clear

Basically I am buying a new ipod with biger space and video playback.

So I am simply wanting to transfer from computer to the new ipod my itunes library so the new ipod will be empty

Therefore do I plug in new ipod and just sync

Thanks again

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
sparkey123:
Thanks mcd0234

Sorry I did not make it clear

Basically I am buying a new ipod with biger space and video playback.

So I am simply wanting to transfer from computer to the new ipod my itunes library so the new ipod will be empty

Therefore do I plug in new ipod and just sync

Thanks again

Yep,plug your new pod in as usual, you might want to name it so as to differentiate between old and new pods,click sync and hopefully job done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts