Transfer music from MP3 player to desktop computer

Delroy

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
I have almost 1000 songs on a SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 player which I wish to transfer to my desktop.

Connection via USB simply charges the battery in the SanDisk but the computer doesn't recognise the player.

I'll be very grateful if someone can advise me on this please.

I have almost 1000 songs on a SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 player which I wish to transfer to my desktop.

Connection via USB simply charges the battery in the SanDisk but the computer doesn't recognise the player.

Surely it must be seen as a hard drive. How did you get music onto it in the first place.
Search for the User Manual online or for required software as suggested above.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, Delroy. That nice player and its included cable/wire are designed to work with the wired connection to a computer. What is your "desktop/the computer" and operating system??

That handy little player also has bluetooth, so that MAY offer options.

Then again, BTW: were your 1000 tracks on the pretty-cool player's SD card, that w/could give you.us more options -depending on your "computer".

P,S. -I edited to add some adjectives, learning that this is a nice very-little player.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Delroy. The player and its included cable/wire are designed to work (only) with the wired connection to a computer. What is your "desktop/the computer" and operating system??

Then again, BTW: were your 1000 tracks on the player's SD card, that w/could give you.us more options.
Can you clarify. Obviously the tracks got on the device somehow and I assume they are all on the internal storage. I don't think it has an SD card....
The question is do you need Samsung software installed to get those tracks onto the device or is it simply seen as external storage by whatever computer you connect it to?

DCarmi

The Clip Sport is a standard mass storage device. No drivers are needed.

You must use a usb cable which supports data transfer and not just charging. In other words try a different cable.

I used a Clip for yonks, until I needed reading glasses. Not a hope of me seeing the text on the screen whilst on the go! Excellent little device for the money, especially with the Rockbox OS installed.

Mine still works having owned it for 11 years - my son used it recently when his phone was being repaired.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I personally tried Muzconvtool and sincerely speaking, it’s the ultimate solution for a seamless music transfer! With Muzconvtool, I transferred my playlists, albums, followed artists, and liked songs between a wide array of music services including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube, YouTube Music, iTunes, Deezer, Tidal, SoundCloud, Pandora, etc. Thanks to Muzconvtool.
Who can argue with a sincere robot?

I’m off to purchase Muzconvtool. Not even sure what it is, but after that recommendation it just bought itself. Thanks John Baha!

The thread has already been spammed by some bot offering file transfer s/w...
But not someone sharing the IP address, so it would be inappropriate for us to act. You'll recall from forum rules that discussion of moderation in thread is not permitted - if you see a thread or post that you think is spam etc, please feel free to use the 'report' function - bottom left of each post.

Back on topic, please!

Reactions: Al ears

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site

Apologies if somebody has already answered your question. Just bear in mind some USB cables are charges only and do not transmit data, try changing the USB cable, it may make all the difference.

If you're using Win 10 or 11, you may need to assign a Disk lettering. If your disk isn't assigned a letter it may appear invisible, so you need to assign it with a letter.

Below type 'Disk Management'
This will list all your disk drives on your PC or laptop. You may see SanDisk on the list. If there's no lettering assign to it, choose the option to assign a letter.

1701356120898.png

If the above fails

Two or three things you can do;

1. download the Windows USB driver for SanDisk (I assume you have Windows OS?) - see link below https://www.driverscape.com/download/sandisk-sansa-clip

2. Connecting Player to a Windows or Mac Computer

To connect the player to a Windows computer, follow these steps:
* Connect the large end of the USB cable into an available USB port on the computer.
* Connect the smaller end of the USB cable into the player’s dock connector.
* The display screen will show “Charging…” (shown below).
* The player will appear in My Computer as “Sport Go.”

3. If you're using old version of Win OS, such as XP. In Windows settings go to My Device, if you see a yellow exclamation - select the refresh option.

1701355769609.png

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Delroy

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
The Clip Sport is a standard mass storage device. No drivers are needed.

You must use a usb cable which supports data transfer and not just charging. In other words try a different cable.

I used a Clip for yonks, until I needed reading glasses. Not a hope of me seeing the text on the screen whilst on the go! Excellent little device for the money, especially with the Rockbox OS installed.

Mine still works having owned it for 11 years - my son used it recently when his phone was being repaired.
Thank you very much.
As you might have seen I received lots of replies to my thread.
As your suggestion was the easiest to try I did it first.
Bingo!
The computer recognised the SanDisk and identified and repaired a faulty drive.
I was then able to safely transfer all the music to the desktop.

Thanks again, I'm really pleased!

Reactions: DCarmi

TRENDING THREADS