top 3 movies of the last ten years

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

There Will Be Blood was without doubt one of the most boring films I've ever seen in my entire life. Nothing really happened?

A

Anonymous

craigtumilty:
There Will Be Blood was without doubt one of the most boring films I've ever seen in my entire life. Nothing really happened

Also have to agree

In fact if i had to rate my 3 most Over rated films I would go with

There will be blood

No country for old men

and the worst ever....Trainspotting

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Difficult choice for just 3 movies but here goes

1. Pirates Of The Caribbean

2. The Bourne Identity

3. Space Cowboys

The Matrix - Was released 1999 otherwise i would have included that instead of Space Cowboys & then choose the 3 as trilogys, a pain cos i like LOTR too.
emotion-2.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
craigtumilty:
There Will Be Blood was without doubt one of the most boring films I've ever seen in my entire life. Nothing really happened?

I disagree. Plenty happened. The way how Daniel Day Lewis's character went from slightly unpleasant to down right evil through the course of the film was great to watch.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Diamond Joe:I didn't really get Wall-E, which is odd because I usually love films like that. I reckon I just wasn't in the right mood when I saw it - I'm a bit odd like that - so I've just put it back on my LoveFilm rental list, and I'll give it another go.

Good old Lovefilm, they sent me Wall E fairly quickly.

Watched it last night and I think I must have been in the wrong mood first time around. What a cracking film, the picture quality on Blu ray is superb as well. I don't think it would make it into my top 3 of the last decade, but I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless.
emotion-21.gif

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Inception has to be in my top 3. Cashback as well which is a smaller low budget movie but stunningly shot. So many to pick from though I'll have to ponder on the third..

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
This is too hard, so my long list is:

A History Of Violence

Batman Begins; Bourne Identity, The; Bourne Ultimiatum, The; Brokeback Mountain

Children Of Men; Cloverfield

Dark Knight, The; Departed, The; Donnie Darko

Eastern Promises

Fight Club

Gran Tourino; Green Zone

Harry Brown

Kickass

Let The Right One In; Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, The - (Purely out of sentimentality, and because it is one of my few childhood joys and memoried that some idiot director has not tried, and succeeded, in screwing in the last 10 years); Little Miss Sunshine

Magdalene Sisters, The; Memento; Munich; Mystic River

Pianist, The; Precious; Prestige, The

Scenes Of A Sexual Nature; Sideways; Station Agent, The

Taken

Venus

Zodiac

Sigh...The shortlist has to be:

Batman Begins

Bourne Ultimatum, The

Let The Right One In

Feel weird not to have included The Departed, but wanted LTROI in as its a horror that doesnt rely on cheap scares (though they can be fine) or young lasses running around in their underwear (though I have no objection to them either, quite the opposite in fact). But maybe I'm a bit of a hypocrite as my shortlist features films that felt more visceral than some of the more "worthy" selections.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Here's 6, just 3 is impossible

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

DONNIE DARKO

OLDBOY

SHAUN OF THE DEAD

PAN'S LABYRINTH

GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO

But definitely not Green Mile or Titanic???????????? What??????????????

Too much time spent talking to girls I think

A

Anonymous

Wow, 3 is difficult when I think about it...
My standouts would be:

VOLVER

THE MACHINIST

THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE

DOWNFALL

THE STATION AGENT

LORD OF THE RINGS: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

KILL BILL (PARTS 1 & 2)

And probably a few more I can't bring to mind.

On "There Will Be Blood"... hmm, didn't love it, didn't hate it but unfortunately it's rather overrated. Best moment was stuck right at the end of the film when we see Daniel Day Lewis' character go psychotic on the annoying bible basher...

On the other hand I found "No Country For Old Men" quite enjoyable. Not in my Top 10 of the decade but worthwhile in my opinion...

D

Deleted member 2457

gel:

3-1 spurs Max
emotion-21.gif

I am not sure here, but here goes:

1. Toy Story 3

2. Gone in 60 seconds.

3. Avatar.

Yep definitely not sure with that list i would like to change but i have 5 though can't do 3.

1. The Dark Knight

2. Gladiator

3. Toy Story 2

4. Gone in 60 seconds

5. The Da Vinci Code

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts