Top 10 Weirdest Looking Hi-Fi Components ...

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be all the rage, so I though I would start my own top 10 ... (apologies if it's been done before)

Here's my starter for 10 ... strangely enough I actually like these (the Beauhorn B2s) :shifty:

set-up.jpg

A

Anonymous

retrofireplace-2.jpg

Conveniently it appears it comes complete with an inbuilt incinerator.........Now how many of your new fangled modern hi fi designs offers you that eh?!

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I'll nominate my Leema Pulse III. £1,500 of amplifier/DAC squeezed into the case from an analogue satellite receiver!

But for all-time it would have to be the Jecklin Float electrostat headphones.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Crocodile said:
I'll nominate my Leema Pulse III. £1,500 of amplifier/DAC squeezed into the case from an analogue satellite receiver!

But for all-time it would have to be the Jecklin Float electrostat headphones.

You mean these ...

Jecklin_Float_Electrostat.jpg

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Grrrr
Mickey Mouse Forum Software said:
Subject cannot be longer than 64 characters but is currently 114 characters long.
:roll:

tino said:
You mean these ...
Yep, didn't see too many of those jogging round the park.

And here's the case that Leema picked up for a song after even AMS rejected them as looking too cheap (allegedly)! :O

leema_pulse_pic2.jpg

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
It's open source. Feel free to go and fix it.
If it's open source then surely whoever in Haymarket mayde the decision to go with it rather than spend a few quid on proper forum software should fix it? I know times are hard in Haymarket but tried & tested forum software isn't exactly expensive.

John Duncan

Crocodile said:
John Duncan said:
It's open source. Feel free to go and fix it.
If it's open source then surely whoever in Haymarket mayde the decision to go with it rather than spend a few quid on proper forum software should fix it? I know times are hard in Haymarket but tried & tested forum software isn't exactly expensive.

Clue/none.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Crocodile said:
I know times are hard in Haymarket

You do? Or is that a snap judgement, Crocodile?
You tell me.
Andrew Everard said:
AFAIK all other development on the site currently on hold due to limited resource
The last interview I read with Rupert Heseltine referenced high levels of net debt requiring a majoring restructuring with RBS & his old man's estate being used as collateral for it. If things have improved significantly since then that's great, but then even less of an excuse.

That aside I would have thought that any media business is having to fight hard for it's income in these times. But in the big scheme of things, the cost of established, fully featurerd forum software is neglible.

I just find it baffling that a media company would apparently place such little regard for the image it portrays via it's choice of software.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Crocodile said:
I just find it baffling that a media company would apparently place such little regard for the image it portrays via it's choice of software.

Wasn't aware of choice of software as a indicator of business image. Does Robert Peston know about this? :grin:

Meanwhile, back on topic...

vaoubek3k1u9_02.jpg

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Crocodile said:
The last interview I read with Rupert Heseltine referenced high levels of net debt requiring a majoring restructuring with RBS & his old man's estate being used as collateral for it.

Such an old report... Try this more recent one.

Crocodile said:

You might say that.... I couldn't possibly comment :wall:

Though I do think some perspective is required. This is, after all, a free Forum....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts