Too Hot Headphones

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello, Help please,

I have at present Audio Technica ATH-AD700s that I mainly use for late night TV use and also quality audio from my system.

and I love the sound that these reproduce, however they are rather large and tend to get hot in the warm weather. So I am looking for new cans. present cans are like wearing a big old sofa.

So can you suggest some cans that are not too large with decent treble and midrange ( not bothered about bass thump ) also I don''t mind if they leak, closed back or open is fine prefferably around ear in leather or similar cups, ( I find foam on my present cans a bit hot with foam )

Budget is around £200ish dont 'mind going a bit high if it helps,

I have heard Grados 60i but found them a bit bright on certain tracks.

There you go folks, hope you can help as auditioning cans can be difficult.....

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Grado 80i. Never noticed my ears getting hot and excellent SQ.

If the odd track sounds a 'bit bright' then maybe that is just the way it is laid down and nothing to do with the 60i. If you tried to get something to make all tracks sound ok, then God knows what you would need to put on your head. Probably 90% deaf ears.

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your comments guys, I have now narrowed it down to 2,

Beyerdynamic DT880s

Andys suggestion the AKG 701s

Any thoughts on these 2 sets of headphones woulde be welcome.........

neilmistry

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a pair of DT880's and love them, although with the velvet ear pieces, you might find your ears getting too warm again. Having said that, they are extremely comfortable and they produce a great sound - I like listening to electronic music and I find the 880's produce just the right balance, without being to bass heavy.

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sospri said:

Beyerdynamic DT880s

Could I throw Philips Fidelio L1 into the mix as they seem to have good reviews......

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sospri said:
Sospri said:

Beyerdynamic DT880s

Could I throw Philips Fidelio L1 into the mix as they seem to have good reviews......

Opps strike the Phiplips, just read that they get a bit warm too........

idc

Sospri said:

Beyerdynamic DT880s

I have the K702s and think they are just what you are looking for with bass detail rather than bass oomph. There is very little difference between the K702 and K701 and none at all (in terms of drivers) between the K701 and Q701. So I would buy which ever is the cheapest and enjoy!

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After reading many reveiws on your suggestions, I have decided to go for the k702s which I think will do the job perfectly, I know they have a long burn in time but that is no problem.

Many thanks for your input guys..........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts