To what extent would a Dacmagic improve this setup...

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have: Cambridge Audio S70 speakers & Cambridge Audio azur 540A amplifier connected via phono to an M-Audio Fast Track USB external sound card, which is connected via USB to my computer. I would say that my amplifier and speakers are sufficiently 'warn-in', and I am using high-quality cables. The 'sample rate and bit depth' properties for the driver, on my computer, are set to the highest settings - '2 channel, 24bit, 44100 Hz (Studio quality)'. For practical reasons, I play most of my music through Spotify Unlimited.

http://i41.tinypic.com/33w30h3.jpg

SteveR750

Probably not as much as you'd hope. Sorry it's a vague response, but I suspect the improvement would be sonically negligible, but these things are relative. I'd spend some money on some better speakers.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Probably not as much as you'd hope. Sorry it's a vague response, but I suspect the improvement would be sonically negligible, but these things are relative. I'd spend some money on some better speakers.

+1, if you're looking to spend anything at all. Is there something that you don't like about your setup?

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
It's not that I'm unhappy with my setup, but rather, I'm ignorant of how good my setup sounds in relation to how good it could sound. I haven't the money (or justification at this pooint in life) to buy better gear, and, at 22 years old, I haven't owned anything half-decent to compare my current setup against. I'm left in a bit of a limbo so to speak.

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Not to get too personal, but I'm also undergoing BEP Chemotheraphy which has caused some minor temp. buzzing in my ears. I wonder if this temp. ear damage is screwing me over me when I listen to my music with an audiophile mindset :?

SteveR750

Willferox said:
Not to get too personal, but I'm also undergoing BEP Chemotheraphy which has caused some minor temp. buzzing in my ears. I wonder if this temp. ear damage is screwing me over me when I listen to my music with an audiophile mindset :?

You're probably right. Even a mild head cold means my ears block up and are only useful as survival tools that for any critical listening.

Hope you get well soon.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Willferox said:

You're probably right. Even a mild head cold means my ears block up and are only useful as survival tools that for any critical listening.

Hope you get well soon.

+1.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts