To sell or not to sell my Acoustic Energy AE2s

Jimmy_b81

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a pair of mint Acoustic Energy AE2 speakers and a Miller and Kreisel mx 70b sub and I'm wondering if I should sell them to get something new or whether there is no point as they are better than what I could buy new for the money they're worth? I'm running the speakers from a Denon Poa 2400 power amp with a Pra 1200 pre amp. Any suggestions?

The AE2's are very good and if you are happy with the sound (although I have no idea why you needed to add a subwoofer) and, assuming you would get something like £1000 for the lot if you sold them, I think you'd have a bit of difficulty finding a better new standmount for that sort of money.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Keep them.

They will not lose value much if anything.

If you fancy trying other stuff then go audition anyway. If you find something better then you can decide then.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like the AE2s, they tend to go for £400-£500 if in good condition in the Black finish, or Rosewood probably around £700-£800ish. Some mint pairs have gone for more.

Really nice speakers, I would say better than anything for the equivelent price now. Dynamics, punch and BIG sound, well controlled too.

matthewpiano

If you love your AE2s don't part with them. It is a model I'm not familiar with myself but a little shared experience might just help you.

Very early in 2014 I purchased a pair of Dynaudio DM2/6 speakers, which I loved from the start. Later on in the year I got the old itchy hi-fi feet syndrome and started messing around with other speakers. I bought KEF Q100s, Rega RS1s (still got the Regas), and even some Mission MX2s. The Q100s were very good but didn't win my heart in the same way as the Dyns and are now sold. The Regas are very pleasant and excellent with small scale music but not universally enjoyable all-rounders like the Dyns. The Missions turned out to be a really bad buy - woolly, un-sophisticated sound and very poor quality control on the finish (not unheard with IAG speakers anyway - and they are actually being returned. I've kept going back to the Dyns and they are on permanently again now. I nearly sold them a few times during the rounds of swapping but something kept stopping me and I'm so relieved it did.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts