To get Netflix or not

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hope this is the right place for this:

i just brought myself a 4K tv and was set on getting Netflix until a few people mentioned something called a M8 android box ? So now I'm not so sure.

Was after movies and series and did hear that Netflix may be more of a wait until they was available ? Anyway anybody use ether of these please ??

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Ye I believe I can just cancel Netflix when I want.. And my friend tells me to watch house of cards says it's brilliant ? The best series and my favourite is breaking bad

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
The 4K material on the UK & US NetFlix service is somewhat limited and unfortunately highly compressed but you can still see the superior picture quality over the rest of the offerings there.

I watched the Keith Richards doc a few days ago, that was rather good.

Remember you have to opt in to see the 4K stuff (from your subscription page!)

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Here in the US we've dropped cable for Netflix and Roku.

Cable TV was costing upwards of $300 a month by the time we got the package with the channels we actually wanted to watch and payed for all the set-top boxes (which, surprise, surprise, you can only rent, not but outright). And it was rubbish 95% of the time.

I echo what others have said about the Netflix 4K content being very limited, but it is growing, and given that it's moving to the point where most TVs sold in the US are 4K models, I expect the content to grow exponentially.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
In my opinion Netflix is certainly worth having for the TV series, but if you're looking for a good source of recent movies, you may need to look elsewhere.

Netflix plus Hulu plus HBO will get you most of the movies, although the real blockbusters won't be there. But then, you'll probably buy those on DVD / Bluray anyway.

Do you have those "Redbox" things in the UK yet?

Here in the US they're outside most supermarkets, pharmacies, even Mc-flipping-Donalds.

They're kind of like robotic video rental shops (all of which, including Blockbuster, have closed down here). You pick your movie, swipe a credit or debit card, and the machine dispenses your DBD or Bluray. $1.50 for 24 hours for DVDs. I think, and prices rise after that. If you fail to return your rental they charge you a hefty $35 to replace it.

D

Deleted member 116933

If you like watching original programming i would get netflix and now tv together here in the UK at least. And then use a video rental service like blinkbox, Amazon and or itunes to rent/buy movies if your that way inclinded.

Netflix 4k premium pack and nowtv combined still work out cheaper then sky's basic package (in the UK) and you will have far more to watch. Though your still supposed to pay for that TV liscence!!!! for the basic channels (agian in the UK).

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Aqua said:
Hope this is the right place for this:

i just brought myself a 4K tv and was set on getting Netflix until a few people mentioned something called a M8 android box ? So now I'm not so sure.

Was after movies and series and did hear that Netflix may be more of a wait until they was available ? Anyway anybody use ether of these please ??

don't forget jessica jones (new netflix series in 4k) looks rather good. i'm getting netflix 4k to rewatch all of breaking bad, and will start daredevil house of cards and jessica jones!

TRENDING THREADS