To Clare,TheHomeCinemaCenter and any Audio/Video Gurus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good day guys,

I had an onkyo sr605 which i bought with a set of jamo speakers as a "bundle". Now, a friend wants the 605 because he knows i am starting to like the whole hi-fi scene and i'm looking for an upgrade.

Since my purchase, i have read that certain systems/speaker are bright or warm and you should be careful of what to pair them with..... so here is the question. For Jamo : 607 tower speakers, C60CEN and 2x601 rear speakers and a Jamo 650SUB..what kind of CD player and amp should i go for? Is the above set warm or bright?

I realise the case should have been to match the amp to speakers..but i'm in the above situation. May you please let me know what to go for ?

Choices:Amp/ Cd player (based on 5 star reviews)

Denon AVR 2310, Pioneer VSX 1019 AH-K(no on yr website) or Yamaha RX-V1065 or anything in the same ball park 1,000 pounds and below. Upscaling and upconversion are VIP. A tuner is a plus and stereo sound clarity and precision is vital because i do not think i will be purchasing a stereo amp(should i ?)

NAD C545BEE or Marantz CD6003 ?

Or am i trying to combine a very small CD player to a big amp- need some light on the alignment of the speakers with the amp and cd player. Budget is 1,700pounds sterling.

Can you prescribe some of ur magic?

Thanks kimbiz@gmail.com

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kimbiz:
Good day guys,

I had an onkyo sr605 which i bought with a set of jamo speakers as a "bundle". Now, a friend wants the 605 because he knows i am starting to like the whole hi-fi scene and i'm looking for an upgrade.

Since my purchase, i have read that certain systems/speaker are bright or warm and you should be careful of what to pair them with..... so here is the question. For Jamo : 607 tower speakers, C60CEN and 2x601 rear speakers and a Jamo 650SUB..what kind of CD player and amp should i go for? Is the above set warm or bright?

I realise the case should have been to match the amp to speakers..but i'm in the above situation. May you please let me know what to go for ?

Choices:Amp/ Cd player (based on 5 star reviews)

Denon AVR 2310 or Yamaha RX-V1065 or anything in the same ball park 1,000 pounds and below. Upscaling and upconversion are VIP. A tuner is a plus and stereo sound clarity and precision is vital because i do not think i will be purchasing a stereo amp(should i ?)

NAD C545BEE or Marantz CD6003 ?

Or am i trying to combine a very small CD player to a big amp- need some light on the alignment of the speakers with the amp and cd player. Budget is 1,700pounds sterling.

Can you prescribe some of ur magic?

Thanks kimbiz@gmail.com

To be honest, I don't know anything about the Jamo floorstanders you mention. I'm sure they are decent quality - Jamo is a good company. I saw them on Amazon for $399. For that price, I doubt you can expect fireworks. I would stick with your Onkyo and maybe just add a stereo amp (oops, I forgot the Onk doesn't have pre outs!). In that case, I would get a reasonable priced receiver with pre outs and then add a stereo amp. Say £400-500 on each. As for cd players, most of the £200-300 spinners would ok but it's hard to say which one as I've no idea how your speakers will sound. Do you have to get the Jamos?

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate - that was quick.

The jamo & onkyo 605 are the set i currently have. I was so shocked at the price you saw on amazon , i went on to check and turns out its exactly 299usd a single speaker.... think that helps in getting closer to fireworks, doesn't it?

Anyhow the tower speaker jamo 607 are 3way bass reflex - 150w/220w long/short term watt respectively. Impedance 6 ohm, I copied from the back of the speaker ! The satellite speakers are small ones, so i don't think they matter. Does that help give you an idea? Hope so..

Now, what are pre-outs? The onkyo605 i have is as good as sold... i have to upgrade- my fingers are itching me ..now which road of the options i listed below do i go?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kimbiz:
Thanks mate - that was quick.

The jamo & onkyo 605 are the set i currently have. I was so shocked at the price you saw on amazon , i went on to check and turns out its exactly 299usd a single speaker.... think that helps in getting closer to fireworks, doesn't it?

Anyhow the tower speaker jamo 607 are 3way bass reflex - 150w/220w long/short term watt respectively. Impedance 6 ohm, I copied from the back of the speaker ! The satellite speakers are small ones, so i don't think they matter. Does that help give you an idea? Hope so..

Now, what are pre-outs? The onkyo605 i have is as good as sold... i have to upgrade- my fingers are itching me ..now which road of the options i listed below do i go?

OK, I'm sure you will get a very good sound then. I would still go with what I suggested. You would need to spend around £2k on an AV receiver to get the sound of a £500 stereo amp for cd duty. Front left and right pre outs allow you to connect your receiver to a stereo amp so that you can use your front floorstanders as your stereo speakers as well as your front left and right in your home cinema set up. You connect your floorstanders to your stereo amp and then all the other speakers and subwoofer to your receiver. When you listen to cds, you only need your stereo amp on. When watching a film, you have both on and have the stereo amp at a memorable volume (most people use 12 o'clock). You then use the volume control on the receiver only.

Do you have £1700 for receiver, stereo amp and cd player? Are you in England? If so, I would look at the Denon 2310 for £800, a graded Cambridge Audio 840A v2 for £600 http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/azur-840a-v2-graded/camb-840a-v2-blk-grd and a Nad C545BEE for £280 http://www.richersounds.com/product/cd-players-recorders-dacs/nad/c545bee/nad-c545-graph

I have the earlier version of the Cambridge amp and it's fantastic. One of it's plus points is allowing you to fix an input level for AV duties. Therefore, you don't need to remember to have the stereo amp set at your memorable volume level - once fixed, you can't alter the volume on that input. So, I just click the AV input on my stereo amp, put on a BD or DVD and away I go.

A

Anonymous

thanks gerrard... seems like i was way off track wanted a bigger a/v receiver and bigger cd player without the stereo amp, which seems to be a mistake..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts