Time for upgrade is the Yamaha 673 really the only option?

5tatman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
As it stands -

Screen Panasonic 37" plasma (to be upgraded after amp) can't remember model but it's a hd ready not full hd. (5/6yrs old)

Speakers Kef IQ75SE / IQ60C / IQ10.

Sub - MJ Acoustics Pro50 mkII

Amp - Yamaha DSP AX-750SE

Having slowly swapped my speakers from celstion avp 505 to the current set-up, and the TV will upgrade after, I'm looking for something to swap my current amp. As I will need HDMI in and out (which i don'y have) and network capabillities as i'd like to be able to access my hard drive on my p.c. I popped into Superfi who i usually get my gear from and they recommened the Yamahaa RX-V673. Everyone everywhere seems to be singing it's praises. And having been more than happy for years with my current yammy I'm quite happy to go along with it. I just want to see if there are any others around that price point i should be considering or maybe stretching my budget i bit further, or better second hand, before i bite the bullet.

And kindly workd of wisdom greatly appreciated,

Cheers

millso42

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I'll offer the usual advice without any specific mention of brands and model numbers. Trust your ears & demo the brands. Forum sites are also great to pick up bargains in the classifieds and most serious sellers will offer a demo if you ask. You'll be able to pick up 2 or 3 year old high end (in their day) receivers for the price of new entry level receivers. Even if the networking is missing there are other networking solutions that are cheap to get your pc/NAS outputting via the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts