Is the Yamaha RX-V673 worth upgarding to from an Onkyo 609?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I've been thinking about upgrading my receiver lately from my Onkyo 609 but simply cannot afford the likes of the Pioneer SC-LX56 which is perhaps the best upgrade i could make in my system with my Dali Zensor 5 5.1 package so i'm wondering if the Yamaha RX-V673 would be a worthy upgrade from my current Onkyo 609?

I know my speaker system could handle a more powerful amp such as the LX56 but finances are tight so the question is should i just replace the Onkyo with the V673 or wait another 6months or so and get something like a LX56? It's just the upgrade bug biting at the moment so any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
That's more of a sideways step, and all you'll really get is the difference between the manufacturer's 'house sound'. I would wait and save up, as it's only worth changing if you're going to improve things.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Very many thanks for the advice, that pretty much confirms my thinking but if an upgrade was worthy at this price point i would have done it. I will wait until next year then and get something that provides more gains...just out of interest would there be anything else out there worth looking at apart from the LX-56? I only ask as that's just a little more than i'm willing to pay for my next receiver and to have a list of alternatives to audition would be very useful.

A

Anonymous

The 673 is a great bit of kit but from a NR609 its not going to blow your socks off. If your looking for a top receiver at a great deal then Google last years Yamaha Aventage range. You can currently pick an RX-A2010 up for around £800 (originally £1500) which is just great value for money considering not much has changed on this years models.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts