Time for my CDP to go??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
True Blue , the main important thing is you . What sounds good to your ears is more important than someone else's ears and nobody can take that away . I also don't mean to refer you as a thing . Enjoy !

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I can see that it probably won't be too far off that I lose the CDP altogether, I really like the look of the Naim DAC and Chord QBD76.

Then again, many manufacturers seem to be moving to allow use of the DAC in CDPs.

I'd love to get my hands on the new Esoteric K-01 or K-03 CD players which have dual mono 32 bit DACs with 8 or 4 chips respectively as well as USB input capable of 24bit/192khz, but it looks like they are going to be prohibitively expensive.

At this stage I thin you should modify the DAC or look to purchase a higher spec DAC.

A

Anonymous

hifikrazy:Another vote for the Naim DAC or any other good DAC such as Ayre QB-9 or Berkeley Audio Design Alpha. My latest acquisition was the Naim CD5XS cd player and while I'm thrilled with its performance, I haven't been able to shake the niggling feeling at the back of my mind that I should have gone for a DAC instead.

I had an option to trade in my problematic CDX2 for a DAC, but went for the revised CDX2-2. No regret at all btw i am not impress with the NDAC after 1 on 1 comparison. Kinda over hype.

T

the record spot

True Blue:To my ears a clean well mastered vinyl easily outperforms a CDP, partially I think due to no uneccessary D to A proceeses occuring or the CD mastering "boosting" the volume / cutting down on the dynamic range.
Received and understood. You need a trip tot he Steve Hoffman forum where you'll find all manner of resources at your hands to find the best masterings out there on CD for your preferred albums. Possibly! Deffo worth a go and invaluable for anyone with a passing interest in mastering, both vinyl and CD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts