Tidal/Cambridge Audio decision to remove Tidal from the Music Library of the CXN v2

Bruxie

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Cannot complain about the customer service...but I am bitterly disppointed with Tidal/Cambridge Audio decision to remove Tidal from the Music Library list for the CXN v2.
The fact that I could sream Tidal directly from the internet was one of my major reasons for buying the CXN v2.
For Tidal to tell you it's for security reasons is ridiculous.

I pay Tidaal £19.99 per month for their top hifi package and feel cheated. Using my 'phone or PC does not give me the sound quality or eas of use. I have Parkinson's and find the phone apps difficult to use.

Bruxie

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Cannot complain about the customer service...but I am bitterly disppointed with Tidal/Cambridge Audio decision to remove Tidal from the Music Library list for the CXN v2.
The fact that I could sream Tidal directly from the internet was one of my major reasons for buying the CXN v2.
For Tidal to tell you it's for security reasons is ridiculous.

I pay Tidaal £19.99 per month for their top hifi package and feel cheated. Using my 'phone or PC does not give me the sound quality or eas of use. I have Parkinson's and find the phone apps difficult to use.

I'd like to see What Hifi take this up on CXN owners behalf. Not a good advert for streamers or Tidal.
Someone has to represent the customer!

Have you tried Qobuz, which offers high resolution, not fake MQA artefacts, for £14.99 a month? It’s obviously a bit different but it is allegedly integrated in your CXN. Have they said why they’ve dropped Tidal, as it’s still showing on their website.?

Last edited:
Reactions: Niallivm

Bruxie

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Have you tried Qobuz, which offers high resolution, not fake MQA artefacts, fir £14.99 a month? It’s obviously a bit different but it is allegedly integrated in your CXN. Have they said why they’ve dropped Tidal, as it’s still showing on their website.?

This is my reply from Cambridge Audio...

"
After the latest firmware update (v022-a-043), the CXNv2 will no longer support browsing TIDAL from the front panel Library of the device or from the Cambridge Connect app.

This is because accessing Tidal via the front panel and through the Cambridge Connect app uses an older method of log-in that Tidal is phasing out for security reasons. In order to be able to make use of the functionality of Tidal connect we have therefore had to remove access via these methods at Tidal's request. The more modern log-in method in the StreamMagic app is much more secure.

We do apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. To make the most out of the features that Tidal offers we recommend using Tidal Connect through the Tidal app. This will allow you to easily manage your playlists and collections, receive more personalised recommendations and music discovery, and also ensure that you see new Tidal feature first, as Tidal will always update their app before anyone else’s."

I'm not into Qobuz yet...I'll wait to see what happens.

I'm not into Qobuz yet...I'll wait to see what happens.
Ah, I see, so it is still native to the CXN but not available from the Library. (A similar change happened to the Linn series streamers too not long ago, iirc)
I think you may have misunderstood if you say you cannot stream direct, because using the app is simply using that as a control point - a bit like a remote control - and your CXN will carry on playing with the control device turned off. That’s very different to sending the stream via, say, Bluetooth from a phone.
So it’s really the inability to use the front panel that is understandably a royal pita with your Parkinson’s? Have you tried a much easier to use iPad?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts