This should be interesting...!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I love the Hifi Racks, not cheap but look better than anything on the market!

Would be interested to know what system you have at home Paul considering you will probably listen to hifi all day long - my idea of the ultimate job - seeing people listen to hifi and be blown away!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Just headed over to the Naim site, I must say the place looks absolutely fabulous, credit to you, your wife and whoever.

Just the sight of the Naim supplier delivering white boxes excites me!

I would love a Naim system........ Maybe one day!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Is that an Eames chair in your headphone room? Been trying to convince Mrs C....

A genuine (authorised) Eames lounge chair has a matching Ottoman with four legs/spokes. (The chair itself has five legs).

http://www.heals.co.uk/design-originals/pcat/design_originals

The Ottoman in the Hi-fi Lounge pic appears to have five legs.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Good luck with the venture.Beautiful surroundings/location. Not that far away in Leighton Buzzard and I'd like to hear the "higher end" and see if my ears can tell the difference.Not sure I can make the opening,though I'd like to,but I will visit.

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again guys :)

Yes, had a police monitored alarm system fitted + security gates on every window, it was certainly a rather large bill that I hadn't really budgeted for, the trouble being that as an old granary it has got lots of small windows and doors, 14 in total, that all needed securing and had to be done as sympathetically as possible not to detract from the building and to keep the landlord happy, you really don't think of these things initially when you have the bright idea of opening a hifi shop.

I have to admit that is an Eames replica :oops: we had to cap the budget somewhere unfortunately, still pretty comfortable though, especially when the lights are out and you kick back with a pair of cans on.

[Signature again edited by Mods to comply with House Rules]

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
I have to admit that is an Eames replica :oops: we had to cap the budget somewhere unfortunately, still pretty comfortable though, especially when the lights are out and you kick back with a pair of cans on.

I don't blame you. The real deal is £5K. (The stool on it's own is £1500.)

Still, if you can flog all that stock...

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
Hi Guys,

You're certianly not wrong, this really is going to be intersting to say the least, good to see that we are getting noticed though, thanks Rega :grin:

I know I haven't got the most comprehensive list of different brands but my whole thinking behind HiFi lounge is to offer something a little different, so I have spent the last 4 months kitting out a converted granary and I really only want to stock the brands that I believe in personally, brands I'm passionate about, that way hopefully I can offer advice gained from personal experience from owning the products I'm selling.

We may not have the biggest portfolio, sorry, no Linn at the moment, but the brands that we are stocking I intend to carry a very large range of demo stock, which isn't easy when you have to chose from naims range of products I have to say :roll: so we have from the PMC 21's upto the MB2i's, pretty much the whole Rega and Bryston range on demo as well as a large range from Naim.

It's a huge gamble to be honest, and I do wonder if I really am slightly mad but if I can make it work then it will be the best job going so fingers crossed.

So if anyone is curious please feel free to come along to our open weekend at the end of October and join us in a glass of bubbly to celebrate our Grand Opening :cheers:

[Signature amended by Mods to comply with House Rules]

Just been checking your website out - not bad! I will have to come along, wouldn't mind checking out the Oppos and the HiFi racks.

Are you going to have TVs or projectors hooked up?

Cheers.

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
Good luck with the venture.Beautiful surroundings/location. Not that far away in Leighton Buzzard and I'd like to hear the "higher end" and see if my ears can tell the difference.Not sure I can make the opening,though I'd like to,but I will visit.

Please feel free to come over whenever you can, for me the fun part is always playing with the kit :)

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
gel said:
Just been checking your website out - not bad! I will have to come along, wouldn't mind checking out the Oppos and the HiFi racks.

Cheers.

Yes I've got a JVC X30 hooked up at the moment with a 110" screen, I have to say I'm amazed at the quality of the X30, for an entry level JVC the image is stunning, the trouble is though that I've only watched one film on it and already the new models are coming out so I'm going to have to sell it, I guess someone will get a good deal, then I'm hoping to replace it with a X55 with eShift-2 :)

Feel free to come along whenver you can gel.

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
gel said:

Cheers.

Yes I've got a JVC X30 hooked up at the moment with a 110" screen, I have to say I'm amazed at the quality of the X30, for an entry level JVC the image is stunning, the trouble is though that I've only watched one film on it and already the new models are coming out so I'm going to have to sell it, I guess someone will get a good deal, then I'm hoping to replace it with a X55 with eShift-2 :)

Feel free to come along whenver you can gel.

Ah excellent - cheers! I'm in Milton Keynes so hopefully quite soon. Any discounts for WHF readers and forum members?
smiley-laughing.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
gel said:
Ah excellent - cheers! I'm in Milton Keynes so hopefully quite soon. Any discounts for WHF readers and forum members?
smiley-laughing.gif

Now there's a million dollar question ;)

smiley-laughing.gif
We will have to see about that one then. Excellent - cheers.

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
I love the Hifi Racks, not cheap but look better than anything on the market!

Would be interested to know what system you have at home Paul considering you will probably listen to hifi all day long - my idea of the ultimate job - seeing people listen to hifi and be blown away!

For me there was no other choice than HiFi Racks when looking for a HiFi rack company, I've used them at home for a few years now and they look gorgeous, can be custom built to any size and above all are really nice people to deal with.

Unfortunately my hifi system at home isn't what it once was, I used to have a reasonable Bryston/PMC system but that is now situated in HiFi lounge and all I'm left with is this, beatiful as it is, it isn't quite the same :roll: -

DSCF5688.jpg

DSCF5680.jpg

DSCF5676.jpg

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Paul

I wish you every success with with your new venture, and if I was within 100 miles, I'd call in.

You certainly seem to have what it takes - A lovely premises, knowledge, passion, friendliness, patience and most importantly.....a sense of humour!!

Good Luck

Cno

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
Thanks Cno, not sure about all of the above but I do my best, I feel a bit like this at the moment to be honest :)

:help:

But for the Hi-FiOutlaw should be a special, special discount... :roll:

I'll take 2 years to go to the UK again, the expenses should be more leveled by then... ;)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:

For me there was no other choice than HiFi Racks when looking for a HiFi rack company, I've used them at home for a few years now and they look gorgeous, can be custom built to any size and above all are really nice people to deal with.

Unfortunately my hifi system at home isn't what it once was, I used to have a reasonable Bryston/PMC system but that is now situated in HiFi lounge and all I'm left with is this, beatiful as it is, it isn't quite the same :roll: -

DSCF5688.jpg

DSCF5680.jpg

DSCF5676.jpg

I know, times are hard.

Perhaps try Richer Sounds for a good deal ...

... they may even take the old wooden box away for you if you ask them nicely. Gives you a bit of much needed room for the micro.

regards

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Diamond Joe, please feel free to come over anytime you can, although looking at your Avatar I think we'll spend more time talking about motorsport more than HiFi though, that's no bad thing I guess :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site

Paul, sorry to be pedantic but you have a spelling mistake in your signature ("we a passionate" rather than "we are passionate"), I know it's not the done thing to point them out but it looks odd and frankly, it's driving me nuts, cheers.

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi The_Lhc, don't mention it, I'm extremely gratful for you pointing it out, I'm so used to corrective text on forums now I'm getting lazy, I take it WHF's forum hasn't got this feature, better be careful with my spelling from now on :oops:

Thanks again,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts