This is it? - Any good

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not really - though a pic like this would have helped...

this_is_it_dvd.jpg

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just watched this is it and found it very enjoyable - being a mj fan and someone who had bought tickets to see him - i found it really interesting in kind of a documentary this is what you would have got to see - i'm sure they would have been a fantastic run of shows - if you're not a mj fan prob hate this movie but i thought they did pretty well in piecing it together from what they had!

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat:just watched this is it and found it very enjoyable - being a mj fan and someone who had bought tickets to see him - i found it really interesting in kind of a documentary this is what you would have got to see - i'm sure they would have been a fantastic run of shows - if you're not a mj fan prob hate this movie but i thought they did pretty well in piecing it together from what they had!

Ah good to hear I have just been brought this as a gift, so am looking forward to watching it.

Can I ask do they do many songs on it? and are they full length?

Thanks

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
its basically the stage show edited together from the cuttings they had from the rehersals so after the dancers 5 min intro pretty much all music with the odd little bit to show jackos involvement and level of perfection - think or its as a documentary of putting a show together and viewing the raw footage

D

Deleted member 2457

matengawhat:its basically the stage show edited together from the cuttings they had from the rehersals so after the dancers 5 min intro pretty much all music with the odd little bit to show jackos involvement and level of perfection - think or its as a documentary of putting a show together and viewing the raw footage

Okay cool, thanks, should be an interesting watch, thanks.

A

Anonymous

A lot of the footage has terrible image quality, looks like it was shot with amateur gear (by an amateur too). Don't know why they bothered releasing it on BD, probably because a BD fetches a lot more than DVD.

D

Deleted member 2457

KevinOK:A lot of the footage has terrible image quality, looks like it was shot with amateur gear (by an amateur too). Don't know why they bothered releasing it on BD, probably because a BD fetches a lot more than DVD.

Hi I read somewhere some of it was filmed in dvd and some high definition so not all of the blu ray is high definition.

A

Anonymous

gel:
KevinOK:A lot of the footage has terrible image quality, looks like it was shot with amateur gear (by an amateur too). Don't know why they bothered releasing it on BD, probably because a BD fetches a lot more than DVD.

Hi I read somewhere some of it was filmed in dvd and some high definition so not all of the blu ray is high definition.

Yes. Parts are just low res and a bit shaky. Shouldn't matter though, if you're an mj fan I'm sure you'll enjoy it regardless.

The amateuristic footage adds to the authentic backstage documentary feel, but I couldn't help but feel it was a bit botched together.

gar1975

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
i loved it, the dtshd soundtrack was really good, and the extras are too, you really can't help thinking wow, this was going to be the show to end all shows, i mean, flying off the stage in a 3D jet! yes there is some low res footage, but i thought most of it looked great/hd. and when you hear him singing live, wow, what a voice. of course i might be biased as i am a Jackson 'fan' :)

A

Anonymous

Just ordered it. I'm only really a fan of MJ's late 70's, early 80's stuff - mainly the Off The Wall era, but I'm really intrigued by this documentary. Even though the BD is a mix of HD and SD footage, I've read elsewhere that the Hi-Def footage is quality, and that Sony have done an amazing job with the DTS-HD MA mix.

Looking forward to it.

TRENDING THREADS