This could be the best hifi related product I ever bought!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
It's not a new amp (how could you top the Vitus without spending the same money as BMW 5 series). It's not a CD player either (still madly in love with the legend CD7) and I had 4 different pair of speakers this year so I reach my limit with my dearest wife.

OK...ready?

btw I was a big sceptic on powercables, filters etc

but Not many more....

PurePower%202000%201000%20pixel.jpg

A

Anonymous

nice one Thaiman!

posted a link this week of a video from you tube, about the Greek audiophile club ... really good equipment and systems that cost £200K

one of the guys has a similar power unit to yours and if I remember correctly, he said that it increases clarity/performance of his system by a lot, and is also one of the most important items in his system

A

Anonymous

the best thing i did was to put my hifi on a separate spur probably cheaper than your device but oh the difference

A

Anonymous

Hi Chebby, I see Audio Emotion in Scotland are selling this model for £2,495 but still expensive!

Marty

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Yeb, it's the purepower 2000. It's basicly like having a hifi system with no main, all of my setup run off the battery packed, the improvement is not subtle! It really shock me and I have heard many.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:

Yeb, it's the purepower 2000. It's basicly like having a hifi system with no main, all of my setup run off the battery packed, the improvement is not subtle! It really shock me and I have heard many.
TM,All that superb gear and an understanding wife. Is that paradise or what.I hate you man
emotion-5.gif

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Thaiman:

Yes, as a mains regenerator, it does seem to work pretty well IMHO... if you don't mind the noise from the cooling fans. As one observer said when a few of us tried one of these in a Wadia/Bryston 7B/PMC IB2 system "you're just exchanging one form of noise polution for another"... meaning that it does lower mains noise in the system, but adds back a lot of intrusive audible noise with those stupid cooling fans. In the end, it had a circuit mod done to slow the fans down and lower the noise from them... which also means you now can't run it flat out in case it gets too hot... and a pair of Bryston 7B's need their juice when worked hard. So as a regenerator, to me, it seems to be kind of self defeating really.

And of course, there's the hideous cost of replacing all those batteries in 5 or so years time...

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
im a sparky as well so easy does taking off the main ring main work well then.

what did you do 20amp breaker 4mm t&e to a spur and then hardwire a 4 gain lead for example. would love to know

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
wireman:Thaiman:

Yes, as a mains regenerator, it does seem to work pretty well IMHO... if you don't mind the noise from the cooling fans.
And of course, there's the hideous cost of replacing all those batteries in 5 or so years time...

I can't hear no noise at all! Dead silence...all I can hear is just a music floating out from an inky black background, gorgeous. and as for battery cost! If you could hear what I am hearing right now, it will make sense.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
smuggs:

im a sparky as well so easy does taking off the main ring main work well then.

what did you do 20amp breaker 4mm t&e to a spur and then hardwire a 4 gain lead for example. would love to know

I haven't a clue! I mainly use my ears through out my hobby. God know how many gears I send back to the shop after home demo but this one....try to take it off me!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:that was mainly at one off but anyone can tell me if they have a circuit just for hifi/av stuff

Yes dedicated radial socket fitted. 6mm cable run away from other cables up to 32A MCB in MCU.

Lowered noise floor on system significantly. IMO massive gains made :)

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
cheers pal so you wired a radial in 6mm on a 32amp breaker i take it a standard b type is ok.

but what do you use at the plug end a series of spurs and hard wire each one in, or a bank of single sockets. or can i just put a 6way surge lead from homebase in a spur. Hope that make sense

A

Anonymous

Thaiman - what kind of improvments did the powerblock bring you?

Also whats the cost of it?

Is it available for a home demo

Thanks

o ps last qu

Would you like to become a sales rep for them :)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:
cheers pal so you wired a radial in 6mm on a 32amp breaker i take it a standard b type is ok.

but what do you use at the plug end a series of spurs and hard wire each one in, or a bank of single sockets. or can i just put a 6way surge lead from homebase in a spur. Hope that make sense

Normal double socket. One feeding the amp direct and one has a tacima plugged in. 'I know Trevor79 has his equipment hard wired though.

Thaiman, sorry for hijacking your thread. Awesome piece of kit. Glad you happy with it :)

A

Anonymous

A really nice addition Thaiman, pleased that you kept an open mind and tried it for yourself.

Welcome to the club!

My own set up runs off mains capacitors linked to 500va and 125va transformers/circuit breakers, does a similiar thing without the batteries.

A

Anonymous

power regenerators like the pure power and the ps audio model work well when the mains power supply in your area is lousy and noisy i,e, voltage fluctuates too much and too many factories cause surges and add noise to the mains, etc. if your neighbourhood's power supply is pretty decent, you can get quite good results from passive filters. i am using a furutech and am very pleased with it.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Like I said hundreads of time before, if you don't have a main problem, you preperbly will not need one.

full review will be post soon.

A

Anonymous

How does it compare to the Premier Power Plant by PS audio which is better?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts