Thinking Of Buying Tacima CS929 6 Way Mains Conditioner RFI Filter Surge Protection Query

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Tacima CS929 6 Way Mains Conditioner my question is.

Is it possible to shorten the length of the running cable of this item to around 1/2 a metre ( comes with 2 metre trailing lead ) & would it effect the performance in any adverse way? or make no difference? as i only need about 18 inches as a maximum length.

Cheers for any response ... Paul

A

Anonymous

On the back of the unit is a cable diagram showing how the lead is connected to the unit. I suppuse this is so the cable can be altered in some way.

A

Anonymous

Did you manage to shorten the cable? I'm thinking of buying one of these and had the same thought as you.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
tomh101 said:
Did you manage to shorten the cable? I'm thinking of buying one of these and had the same thought as you.

I did'nt shorten the cable, i managed to hide it, as was worried it might invalidate any warranty.

The easy way to shorten it would be at the plug end but it is a moulded plug, you could cut the wires & change it from a moulded plug.

The other option to shorten the lead length, is to take the block apart de-solder the exsisting wiring, cut your wire to length & resolder it into the PCB.

If i were to do it i think i would go with cutting the moulded plug off & getting a new one like this & just re-wire the plug as its a lot easier job. The place to buy is still Amazon they seem to be the cheapest at £24.99 & found here.

I now have 2 of them & they made an instant improvement to my system.

Hope that helps. Regards... Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts