Tacima 6 way mains conditioner or Lindy 6 way mains conditioner do these also act as surge protectors?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all i am looking out for a mains conditioner but dont want to spend a fortune but i also need surge protection as my area gets spikes!

Now looks like the tacima and the lindy are the same but amazon only says that the lindy is a surge protector links below if you do not mind having a look?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002CIMZGU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1ZXTB2W64XXQS48AK2MZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00289GSC0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1ZXTB2W64XXQS48AK2MZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_

plus the tacima is £16 cheaper

A

Anonymous

They're the same product according to the WHF Review.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, well, yes, I like the Tacima product, but then again, I hear good things about the Lindy too. So which one's better? There's only one way to find out.........FIGHT!!!!!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have the Tacima mains conditioner and can confirm they are exactly the same, i came across a Lindy conditioner a few weeks back and thought i might have an inferior product but they are both identical and the Tacima is alot cheaper so save your money! Well worth the money....you won't regret it.

A

Anonymous

Oldboy. Have you got your amp plugged into the Tacima too? Some folks on the forum do not recommend it in case in reduces power etc. However, some people recoimmend plugging everything into it and are more than happy.

Cheers

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Some amp manufacturers themselves do not recommend filters between their product and mains supply.

As always, the best method is to use your own ears. If you hear a difference, plug the amp into the wall and everything else into the Tacima/Lindy. If not, plug everything into the Tacima/Lindy.

Most people have a two-way wall socket so plugging the amp in one and Tacima/Lindy in the other wouldn't be a problem. If you only have a single outlet then the Tacima/Lindy has a long extension lead which should reach another outlet in the same room.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Wovian.

I have tried both methods for my amp and have found that sound is far better when the amp is plugged into the Tacima block, this could be down to a number of factors but i think maybe the fact that my amp is on the budget end of the market has some impact. I presume the internal components may benefit at this price point but perhaps not so much once you step up to a Denon 1910 or beyond? Just another theory anyway but all my other equipment runs through the Tacima and it all seems to benefit to some degree.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the replys will go for the tacima then but need to know if it is also a surge protector? if not i guess i can just plug the tacima into a surge protector right? as i get spikes in my area due to a local dodgy garage being on the same phase as me