Things that non-audiophiles say

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
JoelSim said:
DIB said:
JoelSim said:
"Oh you run a headphone business, I bet you have a pair of Beats"

Do you? If not, there's a bloke near me selling brand new ones on Gumtree dead cheap.

The only headphones available that sound worse than the fakes.

Haha!

I've read about the claims that some of the cheap fake versions of Beats headphones can actually sound better than the genuine ones too.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
JoelSim said:
DIB said:
JoelSim said:
"Oh you run a headphone business, I bet you have a pair of Beats"

Do you? If not, there's a bloke near me selling brand new ones on Gumtree dead cheap.

The only headphones available that sound worse than the fakes.

Haha!

I've read about the claims that some of the cheap fake versions of Beats headphones can actually sound better than the genuine ones too.

You can recreate the Beats sound very easily by switching the EQ to bass max and stuffing your ears with cotton wool whilst standing on a metal tray.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
So that new thing, doesn't it do the same thing as that big black one you already had? No love that's the Amp. The new one is a streamer. Oh.. They all sound the same to me. And when are you going to put those speaker stand thingy's under the stairs?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's some:

Minidisc sounds better than CD

What's and Active Subwoofer?

A friend comes to visit and proceeds to lean on my floorstanders or puts a drink one.

Whats uncompressed audio?

This BD doesn't have any uncompressed audio on it, it only has DD 5.1 and PCM 5.1

How is 2.0 mono? 2 channel is Stereo right?

I've got my system in the bay window by the radiator.

Me before I understood why what happened happend. "Dolby Digital is better than DTS" I had just started my Job at Testronics and had watched Diehard on DVD using the DTS sound track. When a big explosion happened that I knew was coming I was expecting it to sound huge. It dipped massively. After the film finished I put the DD on and it didn't happen.

No I know that the JVC all in one system (strangely I'm using the satellites for my surrounds) couldn't handel the dynamic range of the soundtrack so paniced.

Sometimes I wash there was a "Like" option on this forum. I know it's not Facebook just some of the comments were really funny.

I

IPL PRO Build

Beats debating cables! Though i think we all quietly enjoy it.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
'What, so you just sit there and listen? Isn't this boring? You really consider this a hobby? So you really don't chat while listening? Whatever happened to playing music in the background?'

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Helmut80 said:
'What, so you just sit there and listen? Isn't this boring? You really consider this a hobby? So you really don't chat while listening? Whatever happened to playing music in the background?'

Brilliant.

- And tragically, very common.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:

I guess it's tragic in the same way that a really bad dress at the Oscars is.

The misuse of words is literally mind blowing ;)

Back OT.

"Ah, you have a new CD with you, here, we can listen to it on my system, I'll just let the amp warm up for an hour or two first".

Tomas

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Whatsup from my GF:

"hi babe, I was putting the washing on, heard Willie(our 6 months old baby) shouting. then all went quiet...

...he had pulled himself over to the CD player and was happily turning it on and off! ... so cute "

Also, she was so kind to send me picture of it!*dash1*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
"All cables sound the same buy my speakers Apple downloads are better than anything buy my speakers TV shows are much better-sounding than music these days buy my speakers I've got a wax cylinder of Little Titch and the quality is higher than anything recorded in a state of the art studio buy my speakers spending any money on anything is a waste except my speakers yes they may only be 3in tall but they outperform a full PA rig/a full symphony orchestra/anything else you care to mention buy my speakers the best sound in the world is a data-reduced file played through a resampling wireless device.

Oh, and did I mention buy my speakers?"

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Potential buyer (Audiophile): Hi. I saw your ad, you are selling this amplifier. Is it still up for sale?

Seller (Me): Hi! Yes it is.

Audiophile: What is your lowest price for local pickup?

Me: 150 euros is my rock bottom price. The amp is in excellent condition.

Audiophile: Nice. This is a hobby of yours?

Me: Yep. Since I was 12 I'm messing about with speakers, amps and whatnot.

Audiophile: Great! I'm an audiophile myself. You must have seen my ad about the Kimber 8TC cables I'm selling. Interested in swapping these for the amp + 50 euros on your end?

Me: Ahahahahaaaaaaaaahahaahaaaa...

*hanging up*

Jame5

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
"My Sonos sounds amazing."

"My soundbar sounds amazing."

"What's a DAC."

"Let's hear how loud it goes then."

"What's that and how much was it?" (Non-audiophile other half.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts