The WHF Film Club

Page 109 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David@FrankHarvey said:
BenLaw said:
And indeed he hasn't said a single thing about La Antena!
Actually, I have, quite some time ago! Been so long now I'd rather see it again before commenting. Can't find it though...

Can you think about which films you want to nominate for the vote?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David@FrankHarvey said:
How many is it now? Four or five?

To clarify, 3 or 4.

If you have just 3, that's fine, but if you want to add a film you've previously nominated as a 4th choice, or just want to choose 4 films, that's fine too.

I think that's right. *smile*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BenLaw said:
That was my understanding. I was trying to keep it simple!

It needed more than one word though Ben, probably three, minimum. *smile*

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I can't even remember what's been previously nominated/chosen...

The Strange Colour Of Your Body's Tears

Tyrannosaur

Her

The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari

Did anyone watch Under The Skin after it was removed from my last nominations? If so, I'll leave it as it stands, but if not, I'll put it in place of one of the above.

Paul.

Apologies if this has been mentioned (it's a really long thread) but have any of you had a look at Mubi? You need some sort of smart TV or streamer box for it, but it has a cool movie selection on it, think you will like it.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David@FrankHarvey said:

Sorry, I meant what you'd nominated/chosen.

David@FrankHarvey said:

Tyrannosaur

Her

Did anyone watch Under The Skin after it was removed from my last nominations? If so, I'll leave it as it stands, but if not, I'll put it in place of one of the above.

I didn't watch Under The Skin, but I did recently watch Tyrannosaur. Let's see what the others think.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Paul. said:
Apologies if this has been mentioned (it's a really long thread) but have any of you had a look at Mubi? You need some sort of smart TV or streamer box for it, but it has a cool movie selection on it, think you will like it.

That looks really intersting, thanks Paul, but I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to watch it on my Panasonic tv.

https://mubi.com/about

Paul.

If you have android devices, the cheapest way is via Chromecast. No iOS support for casting Mubi at the mo.

there is a Chrome desktop extension called Playto which will cast Mubi to Chromecast (not tested it myself though)

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I did notice 12 months free Mubi was offered on a tv at John Lewis. I think my tv has an app so I'll look into it, if it offers something a bit different.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:

Tyrannosaur

Her

I've seen Her and Under the Skin recently and frankly wouldn't have much interest in watching them again, at least for a long time. I've also seen / got Caligari. Does Her fit the general film club criteria or is it too mainstream?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I've seen Her and Under the Skin recently and frankly wouldn't have much interest in watching them again, at least for a long time.

How dare you say that about my favourite film from last year!

It Follows tomorrow night. After a fairly **** week I'm looking forward to it.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
BenLaw said:
I've seen Her and Under the Skin recently and frankly wouldn't have much interest in watching them again, at least for a long time.

How dare you say that about my favourite film from last year!

It Follows tomorrow night. After a fairly **** week I'm looking forward to it.

Soz. It's much better than Her but I was rather underwhelmed, especially when I thought it would be right up my street.

I'd be interested whether you like Ex Machina.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried to post numerous times yesterday, but I was beaten by the spam filter. After an email to WHF all seems well fingers crossed.

i watched Girl From Nowhere yesterday.

I definitely had some déjà vu about it although I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it. Head injuries :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David@FrankHarvey said:

Tyrannosaur

Her

Are you going with these four David?

I know Ben said he'd seen two of them, and I've seen one of the others, but other than Under The Skin, have you got any other options?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Are you going with these four David?

I know Ben said he'd seen two of them, and I've seen one of the others, but other than Under The Skin, have you got any other options?

That's what I came up with in 5 mins (Ben was pushing :)).

I know he's seen a few of them, but I've seen all of them. I'd need to have a skim through my Letterboxd account if you want any alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts