The Unison Research way, and dilema...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody,

After listening to most of the gear I found on the market, I finally decided to go the Unison Research way.

I was blown away by the musicality and warmth of all AR combo's I auditioned on Opera Seconda. Superb.

But there is a dilema, of course.

Even if the Unico amp plus the CDP ce have given a lot of satisfaction, I started to look beyond and gave the Unico CD a chance to shine on a very impressive Unico 100 amp. The soundstage is just fantastic! But so are the bulk, weight and...price.

Thing is I have to decide which combo is to suit my Opera's: Unico CD+ Unico Secondo amp, or I should upgrade for the top of the range CDE+Unico 100? Would they not be too much for the Opera's? Will the sound be twice as good?

80% of the time I listen jazz.

Thanks a lot!

Edwin

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I would go CDE and Unico 100. Has the Unico CD got a digital input? If not you can't use the DAC in the player for anything else, I use my CDE's DAC for music streaming from my laptop ie Spotify. And of course I still have CDs for main usage.

I think the CDE is a fabulous player and would love to partner it with the Unico 100.

A

Anonymous

Well JoelSim, I don't really know if it has, but I was worried when Iread some reviews of both cd's and apparently the CDE is much less dynamic thenthe CD. Now, considering that the Unisons are already laid back, I was afraidnot to get a too "relaxed" sound for too much money...

Don't you think that the Unico CD+Unico Secondaamp combo would do more than OK in front of the two "heavyweights"???

Cheers

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
i am interested in the Unison Research products and have read a few reviews to become more familiar with them

if i could afford to buy these i personally would buy the CDE and Secondo amplifier as the better value for my money

the reviews i read raved on the Secondo but were a little less enthusiastic about the 100 given the cost - still good of course

so for me depends on whether you need the power of the 100 for your speakers and room

A

Anonymous

You are probably right, crusaderlord, and I don't need that plus power at all, if not four the larger sound even at low volumes.

The only thing that bothers me in this particular combo is that they (CDE&Secondo) don't really fit together in terms of design...

Do you think that sonically there is a great difference between de CDE and the CD?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts